nickname for BHIT?

Old April 25th 04, 11:15 AM
burt

Default nickname for BHIT?

Following on from the silly names contest for Fat Eric, I thought it might
be fun to do the same for those honest, upstanding moral bankrupts, BHIT.

I'll start;

People Obsessed Over Helmets - POOH

or

People Obsessed Over Cycle Helmets - POOCH

--
cheers

Rich

Old April 25th 04, 12:14 PM
Zog The Undeniable

I thought B**** and BeHIT were pretty good.
Old April 25th 04, 01:02 PM
Colin McKenzie

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

burt wrote:

Following on from the silly names contest for Fat Eric, I thought it
might
be fun to do the same for those honest, upstanding moral bankrupts, BHIT.

I thought B**** and BeHIT were pretty good.

Me too. But they CHOSE those initials. I sometimes wonder if they
aren't in it purely for the gravy train, or perhaps as a sort of test
of gullibility.

Why not Cycle Helmet Association, or Protected Head and Rider Trust,
or Anti-Cycle Head Injury Society - all eminently pronounceable as
initials.

Colin McKenzie

--
Why believe statistics?
Ignore them and you can believe the damned lies instead!

Old April 25th 04, 01:21 PM
elyob

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
Zog The Undeniable wrote:

burt wrote:

Following on from the silly names contest for Fat Eric, I thought it
might
be fun to do the same for those honest, upstanding moral bankrupts,

BHIT.

I thought B**** and BeHIT were pretty good.

Me too. But they CHOSE those initials. I sometimes wonder if they
aren't in it purely for the gravy train, or perhaps as a sort of test
of gullibility.

Why not Cycle Helmet Association, or Protected Head and Rider Trust,
or Anti-Cycle Head Injury Society - all eminently pronounceable as
initials.

I don't get it ... CHA, PHRT, ACHIS ... ?

Society for Helmet Initiative Tosspots?

Old April 25th 04, 02:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Colin McKenzie
') wrote:

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

burt wrote:

Following on from the silly names contest for Fat Eric, I thought it
might
be fun to do the same for those honest, upstanding moral bankrupts,
BHIT.

I thought B**** and BeHIT were pretty good.

Me too. But they CHOSE those initials. I sometimes wonder if they
aren't in it purely for the gravy train, or perhaps as a sort of test
of gullibility.

Why not ... Protected Head and Rider Trust,
or Anti-Cycle Head Injury Society - all eminently pronounceable as
initials.

Because they're not interested in protecting heads or preventing head
injuries, they're interested in promoting helmets. You can't make a
profit out of fewer injuries, but you can make a profit out of more
helmets.

.::;===r==\
/ /___||___\____
//==\- ||- | /__\( MS Windows IS an operating environment.
//____\__||___|_// \|: C++ IS an object oriented programming
language.
\__/ ~~~~~~~~~ \__/ Citroen 2cv6 IS a four door family saloon.

Old April 25th 04, 02:54 PM
Tony Raven

Simon Brooke wrote:

Because they're not interested in protecting heads or preventing head
injuries, they're interested in promoting helmets. You can't make a
profit out of fewer injuries, but you can make a profit out of more
helmets.

I don't think that's right either. What is clear is that helmet compulsion
for some unknown reason increases your chance of being hit and having a head
injury. Therefore I think the BeHIT name is entirely appropriate. The main
outcome is to increase the chances that you BeHIT. The B**** is the way they
try to achieve it.

Tony

Old April 25th 04, 05:13 PM
Velvet

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

burt wrote:

Following on from the silly names contest for Fat Eric, I thought it
might
be fun to do the same for those honest, upstanding moral bankrupts,

BHIT.

I thought B**** and BeHIT were pretty good.

Me too. But they CHOSE those initials. I sometimes wonder if they
aren't in it purely for the gravy train, or perhaps as a sort of test
of gullibility.

Why not Cycle Helmet Association, or Protected Head and Rider Trust,
or Anti-Cycle Head Injury Society - all eminently pronounceable as
initials.

I don't get it ... CHA, PHRT, ACHIS ... ?

Society for Helmet Initiative Tosspots?

PHaRT - hmm ;-)

Interestingly, while talking to my mum about cycle helmets, she (as a
horse-rider of the past - not ridden for 5 years or so) mentioned that
not only did she think cycle helmets gave quite a lot of protection,
especially in the bike/car type incident, but that the horse riding
fraternity were actively looking at making riding helmets more like bike
helmets (ventilation holes, lighter, etc).

Horse-riding helmets (good ones) these days resemble more motorbike
helmets, because they protect the (apparently) thinnest part of the
skull, which is at the rear as it slopes back down and under to meet the
neck. Cycle helmets leave this area utterly unprotected. Horse-riding
helmets also have a much stronger outer shell - not this
lucky-if-it's-1mm-thick shell that cycle helmets have over the polystyrene.

Gave her something to think about, when I demonstrated just how they're
actually constructed, and the horse-riding bunch are already aware that
getting a sharp branch/pole/spike through a vent hole is a Very Bad Thing..

Velvet
Old April 25th 04, 07:48 PM
Vivian

What's BHIT?

Vivian
-------

"We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school".
No Surrender

Old April 25th 04, 08:04 PM
Tony Raven

Vivian wrote: