Q: regarding straight pull hubs

Old December 14th 19, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Q: regarding straight pull hubs

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 10:37:17 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/12/2019 11:22 AM, jbeattie wrote:

I think the technical difficulties were overcome years ago.

Or a communications problem. I, like most guys who rework
steel frames, almost always pass on 'add discs' requests for
a host of reasons. That's not at all the same as 'build me a
new frame designed for disc brake'.

I talked to two frame builders in Phoenix and one here and they all build steel bikes and they all said the same thing without any leading by me. The major problem they seemed to be worried about was the wheels being pulled out of the drop-outs. They were so insistent about this that I didn't file off the lawyers lips on my Redline.

Do you suppose we're going to have to listen to Jay tell us that the steel bike he had 40 years ago before they have good rear derailleurs used horizontal dropouts?

Sorting long pull and short pull brake levers Gary Young Techniques 12 January 7th 11 06:25 AM
Straight Pull Hubs Jim UK 12 May 7th 08 09:50 AM
WTB: straight pull spokes, 2.0/1.8/2.0 double butted, for MavicClassics Pro wheels Bob De Jonge Marketplace 1 September 27th 07 01:17 PM
Where to buy straight-pull spokes? rocketman Techniques 14 March 20th 07 11:30 PM
Straight Pull Spokes Ground Control Mountain Biking 0 September 10th 04 02:50 AM