Pounder seems to have missed this one

Old December 2nd 19, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pounder seems to have missed this one

On 02/12/2019 10:28, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/12/2019 21:41, JNugent wrote:
On 23/11/2019 12:36, TMS320 wrote:

According to Nugent, the fact that I use a bicycle means that I am
blind or biased to such things when travelling on foot. Whereas, of
course, when observations are made by a (self assessed) careful, law
abiding individual that only sees the world from behind a windscreen
there is no such pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/18/cyclist-charlie-alliston-jailed-for-18-months-over-death-of-pedestrian

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

How many of the vehicles involved are being deliberately driven along
the footway (which you will probably prefer to think of as "the pavement")?

Old December 2nd 19, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:28:48 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

Don't forget wriggling motorcyclists as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ther-four.html
Old December 2nd 19, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 02/12/2019 11:01, JNugent wrote:
On 02/12/2019 10:28, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/12/2019 21:41, JNugent wrote:
On 23/11/2019 12:36, TMS320 wrote:

According to Nugent, the fact that I use a bicycle means that I am
blind or biased to such things when travelling on foot. Whereas, of
course, when observations are made by a (self assessed) careful, law
abiding individual that only sees the world from behind a windscreen
there is no such pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/18/cyclist-charlie-alliston-jailed-for-18-months-over-death-of-pedestrian

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

How many of the vehicles involved are being deliberately driven along
the footway (which you will probably prefer to think of as "the pavement")?

How many cyclists who ride on pavements kill pedestrians per year.

Don't you think that is more important?
You're comparing apples with oranges.

--
Bod
Old December 2nd 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 12:01:43 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:28:48 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

Don't forget wriggling motorcyclists as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ther-four.html

And this gem from the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6aJ4WMp3co
Old December 2nd 19, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 11:01:49 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 02/12/2019 10:28, TMS320 wrote:

On 01/12/2019 21:41, JNugent wrote:
On 23/11/2019 12:36, TMS320 wrote:

According to Nugent, the fact that I use a bicycle means that I am
blind or biased to such things when travelling on foot. Whereas, of
course, when observations are made by a (self assessed) careful, law
abiding individual that only sees the world from behind a windscreen
there is no such pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/18/cyclist-charlie-alliston-jailed-for-18-months-over-death-of-pedestrian

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

How many of the vehicles involved are being deliberately driven along
the footway (which you will probably prefer to think of as "the pavement")?

Given that 200 times as many pedestrians are killed on the footway by motor vehicles than cyclists it must be quite a few.
Old December 2nd 19, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 02/12/2019 11:46, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/12/2019 11:01, JNugent wrote:
On 02/12/2019 10:28, TMS320 wrote:
On 01/12/2019 21:41, JNugent wrote:
On 23/11/2019 12:36, TMS320 wrote:

According to Nugent, the fact that I use a bicycle means that I am
blind or biased to such things when travelling on foot. Whereas, of
course, when observations are made by a (self assessed) careful,
law abiding individual that only sees the world from behind a
windscreen there is no such pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/18/cyclist-charlie-alliston-jailed-for-18-months-over-death-of-pedestrian

Two pedestrians are killed by drivers every day.

How many of the vehicles involved are being deliberately driven along
the footway (which you will probably prefer to think of as "the
pavement")?

Irrelevant.

Shall we regard your answer as being "None"?
Old December 2nd 19, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 02/12/2019 17:06, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

"Must" it?

The figure is zero unless you can show differently.

Old December 2nd 19, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 02/12/2019 20:03, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Oh, still here?

Let's take it that two dead people a day don't matter to you.

One for Pounder Simon Mason[_6_] UK 1 July 2nd 19 12:18 PM
IS THIS MISTER POUNDER? Simon Jester UK 0 July 31st 18 02:10 PM
Pounder's (wet) Dream Simon Jester UK 1 May 16th 18 07:20 PM
Mr Pounder? Simon Jester UK 4 October 4th 17 07:05 PM
Dick Pounder at it again! Bill C Racing 13 July 5th 06 02:02 PM