Yippee! Finally!

Old October 29th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Yippee! Finally!

I finally found a commercial bicycling magazine that I LIKE (Adventure
Cyclist is a part of Adventure Cycling/BikeCentennial and therefore not
commercial, it's not a stand alone product)!

Its called Bicycle Times, and unlike all the others, its not 99.9%
devoted to those poor slobs who miss sleep worrying about how they can
shave that extra 3/100ths of a second of their ride time! It's devoted
to us slobs who just like to ride. To enjoy the escape and pleasure
without worrying how fast we are going. Tourists, club riders,
commuters, the plain guy.

OK, it's no Bicycle Rider, and it's exisance probably isn't even news to
some of you, as it's been out for a while now; it comes out quarterly
and I just picked up my first issue, #003. But its new to this South
Carolina backwoods hillbilly.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old November 2nd 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
terryc

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 22:03:19 -0800, Tom Keats wrote:

OK, it's no Bicycle Rider, and it's exisance probably isn't even news
to some of you, as it's been out for a while now; it comes out
quarterly and I just picked up my first issue, #003. But its new to
this South Carolina backwoods hillbilly.

Here's another one that might tickle your fancy:
http://www.momentumplanet.ca

Is that the one whose main topic is bicycle fashion shows?
Has a facebook group?
Old November 2nd 09, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
terryc writes:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 22:03:19 -0800, Tom Keats wrote:

OK, it's no Bicycle Rider, and it's exisance probably isn't even news
to some of you, as it's been out for a while now; it comes out
quarterly and I just picked up my first issue, #003. But its new to
this South Carolina backwoods hillbilly.

Here's another one that might tickle your fancy:
http://www.momentumplanet.ca

Is that the one whose main topic is bicycle fashion shows?

It sometimes discusses more-stylish-yet-utile riding garb
that departs from the drearily usual cyclist clothing fare,
so when you ride to the supermarket, you don't have to look
like an Gong Show reject, awkwardly clacking around with yer
cleats on the floor, wearing ill-fitting tights and keeping
your helmet on in the store so everyone absolutely recognizes
you as a Serious Cyclist.

If anything, its main topic is getting around at all
on bicycles.

Has a facebook group?

Dunno 'bout that. I don't even know if having a facebook
group is a good thing or a bad thing.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old November 2nd 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
terryc

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:20:36 -0800, Tom Keats wrote:

So its is ****** clothing. FFS, who wears cleats.

If anything, its main topic is getting around at all on bicycles.

Has a facebook group?

Dunno 'bout that. I don't even know if having a facebook group is a
good thing or a bad thing.

I joined it and their messages were mainly about recruiting models and
fashion clothing. I don't remember any mention of actually doing any
riding.
Old November 5th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

http://www.momentumplanet.ca

Is that the one whose main topic is bicycle fashion shows?

=v= No. They had a bicycle fashion show at Interbike, so it
was a topic at the time, but not the magazine's main topic.

I joined it and their messages were mainly about recruiting
models and fashion clothing.

=v= Yes, they were recruiting models for Interbike. It's not
a good idea to use one data point to jump to conclusions.
It's been published for years, you know.
_Jym_

Old November 7th 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Jym Dyer writes:
http://www.momentumplanet.ca

Is that the one whose main topic is bicycle fashion shows?

=v= No. They had a bicycle fashion show at Interbike, so it
was a topic at the time, but not the magazine's main topic.

I joined it and their messages were mainly about recruiting
models and fashion clothing.

=v= Yes, they were recruiting models for Interbike. It's not
a good idea to use one data point to jump to conclusions.
It's been published for years, you know.

I think Chris would enjoy the magazine, even if
TerryC doesn't.

cheers,
Tom

Old November 7th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

I joined it and their messages were mainly about recruiting models and
fashion clothing. I don't remember any mention of actually doing any
riding.

The buzz phrase of this financial quarter is 'viral marketing', but
I'm over 18 so it's likely already pase.

sa

Yippee - Two Breakthroughs John B UK 2 April 26th 07 08:36 PM
Yippee! Another Park Bans Bikes! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 3 January 15th 07 05:17 PM
Yippee!! wafflycat UK 49 May 8th 06 02:48 PM
Yippee! I'm free! Tom Keats General 26 August 22nd 04 08:31 AM
Yippee yes yes yes YESS!!!!!!! Huthwaite Unicycling 9 April 20th 04 11:27 PM