Ridiculous

Old May 27th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

Default Ridiculous

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prud...ntador-hearing

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the **** out of you but
don't change the ****ing results.
Old May 27th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Brad Anders" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prud...ntador-hearing

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the **** out of you but
don't change the ****ing results.

Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
solve a puzzle before continuing.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old May 27th 11, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On May 27, 1:12*am, Brad Anders wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prud...delay-in-conta...

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the **** out of you but
don't change the ****ing results.

At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

-ilan
Old May 27th 11, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 26, 7:46*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Brad Anders" wrote in message

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prud...delay-in-conta...

Other than the feds going after a guy for doping with 500+ negative
tests, the fact that we can't even know who won a race a year after it
took place is pretty clear evidence that the current UCI/WADA/CAS dope
testing and appeal process is totally broken. Just do it like NASCAR -
if you're found cheating after the fact, fine the **** out of you but
don't change the ****ing results.

Don't just fine them, penalize the entire team with a time penalty at future
races, like on the Amazing Race. "Detours" would take on an entirely-new
meaning. Maybe at some random point in the race the team has to stop and
solve a puzzle before continuing.

How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

Old May 27th 11, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

So we're basically saying that _any_ system from _any_ other sport would
be better than the one used in cycling? Sounds right to me.

-S-

Old May 27th 11, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

=======
How about a true handicap, like in horse racing? Add a little weight
here and there to even things up. Or sails - like a flying squirrel
skinsuit. Maybe they could make them wear a ridiculous anti-
aerodyamic dunce helmet.

At least that would be entertaining and would help reestablish the
sense of fair play and ridicule the dopers, which is how it is
supposed to work.

=======

I was thinking we could have the dopers (that have been caught) wear a big
scarlet "D" on an armband. Maybe instead of a time penalty, make it weight.
That would actually make sense. On a climbing stage, they get a 3-kilo
penalty. Ouch!

Old May 27th 11, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

wrote:
[...]

So far I think we've seen "just as bad but more obviously stupid". Or,
maybe not stupider than making rules that can't be evenly and fairly
enforced on the day.
--D-y

Old May 27th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On May 26, 5:14*pm, ilan wrote:

At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

Thank you, I aim to please.
Old May 27th 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 5/26/2011 11:47 PM, Brad Anders wrote:
On May 26, 5:14 pm, wrote:

At first, I didn't find your argument very compelling but your final
use of the f-word convinced me. Good job!

Thank you, I aim to please.

Everyone else is aiming to write their name in the snow.

Ridiculous Lawsuit Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] Techniques 29 November 26th 10 03:37 AM
Isn't this getting ridiculous? Patrick Lamb General 62 December 3rd 08 04:55 AM
ridiculous conditions Andre Racing 9 August 7th 08 01:00 PM
way past ridiculous andy gee General 38 October 1st 05 02:28 AM
It's udderly ridiculous! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 2 April 22nd 05 08:15 PM