Moab 2007 flight, car and lodging share thread!

Old January 31st 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Default Moab 2007 flight, car and lodging share thread!

Hi folks, this is mostly to find people interested in sharing with me
from Salt Lake City. I've arrived late to the party and many of my
fellow Northern CA riders already filled up two cars and a condo, so:

I've put a call in for another unit at the Cedar Breaks condos. The
Andy Cotter and Nathan Hoover groups will be there as well. If I can't
get Cedar Breaks we'll look for another one in town.

For ride-sharing purposes, I will arrive in SLC on Friday morning,
hopefully by 10:00am. I will leave on Monday afternoon, no earlier than
3:00 so we don't have to get up real early for the drive back up there.

The drive is about four hours if you go the speed limit. Beyond that
it's up to you.

Right now I'm all by myself, so looking to share either the room, the
car or both. Also my travel dates are flexible until someone joins in.
One of these days I'd like to take more time to see Canyonlands, and
maybe more of Arches National Parks. That's a possibility also. Please
post here, or contact me at the email address in my sig.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old January 31st 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

I just have a comment. You should try and stay the extra time to see
arches because it is pretty awesome. I've been there twice and it is
cool to see all the rock formations.

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)

Hey!!! Go and see my new website. 'unicycleaustin.741.com'
(http://unicycleaustin.741.com/index.html)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

Old January 31st 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

uni.rider.13 wrote:
I just have a comment. You should try and stay the extra time to see
arches because it is pretty awesome. I've been there twice and it is
cool to see all the rock formations.

and its devastating not to be able to ride the trails.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

muniaddict wrote:
does he have me confused with somebody who's actually good?

Old January 31st 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

mornish wrote:
and its devastating not to be able to ride the trails.

Ha! You sigged me!

--
MuniAddict

"There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

Old January 31st 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I was thinking about coming down thursday night, so that I could arrive
in time to enjoy all of fridays riding and be well rested for it. I was
planning on heading out monday aswell but since I have to work the next
day I don't want to arrive in town too too late (no later than two on
tuesday morning).

I'm kind of on a budget though and I'm trying to keep the entire
weekend on two weeks pay (one paycheck plus tips). How much would the
condo cost for that period of time and how much would it cost for gas
and stuff like that?

If we can keep that kind of stuff around $150 USD then I'm down for
that, if you can get a more exact estimate though, I might even be able
to find some more money, it all depends on what tips are like in the
next few weeks.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old January 31st 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

when is Moab? I need to know so I can start actually saving more for my
Coker (I'm planning on riding to Moab, if anyone with coker between
Salem Oregon and the Seatle Washington Area wants to make the ride with
me they are welcome to assuming I have a coker to ride out to Moab
on.....)

--
Ducttape

*Coker Fund:*$683.31
*Freeride Seat with shipping will cost: *$64.84
*GB4 Handle with shipping will cost:* $64.95
*______________________________________
**Total cost for stuff: *$814.15* Current Progress *697.00*/*814.15''
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle)
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

Old January 31st 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

i'm printing out registration as i type.

soon i'll have sent it in.
I'm going even if i have to walk.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
PANIC BUTTON--':EEK: '
(HTTP://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/ABBABIBBLE/MRTSB.HTML)

monkeyman wrote:
I hate you both. I'm going to napalm Daniel's house.

abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old January 31st 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclejoe

I am deffinetly interested in going in on a car share from SLC to Moab,
I am fine with heading down Friday morning, but would prefer to head
back Tuesday or Wednesday to allow some time for climbing after the
event, depending on how much the condo is per person per night I might
be interested in going in on a unit at cedar breaks ,but I might wind
up camping if its out of my price range. I plan on taking a bus down
from Jackson Hole to SLC I will be arriving in SLC at about 12pm on
Friday, let me know if you are interested in staying the extra day or
two, and how much the condo is, drop me a Email at unicyclejoe at yahoo
dot com

-Joey Cohn

--
unicyclejoe
unicyclejoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/377

Old January 31st 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

We're flying in Thursday morning, hoping to get to Moab before dark and
do some photography and such. We have space for one more person in our
car. We could be interested in a cabin if we get a private room.

--
tholub

Old January 31st 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Keldridge

So... um... how good should someone be if they wanted to go to Moab?
I've only been riding a month, I can ride my little Torker LX 24 on
dirt roads and stuff, but I've never even tried real mountains and
trails yet. I don't really want to go all the way there to be a
spectator. How good is good enough?

Keld

--
Keldridge
Keldridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14019

When is Moab 2007 timbob1907 Unicycling 1 October 9th 06 04:31 AM
When is Moab 2007 forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 October 9th 06 04:19 AM
The (Non)Official 06 Moab Weather Thread paco Unicycling 11 March 21st 06 06:15 AM
Moab ride share mgrant Unicycling 2 February 5th 06 04:58 AM
Obligatory Moab praise thread paco Unicycling 11 March 30th 04 07:48 PM