Obstructions

Old July 30th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Obstructions

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:20:32 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:48:12 -0600, wrote:

Why I was glad that I did my daily ride early today, before the
obstructions began pelting down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S5ReHT1Dao

Skip to the end for one of the obstructions in my hand.

A photo as things began to wind down:
http://i26.tinypic.com/or05te.jpg

A 0.43 ounce obstruction, partly melted before it occurred to me to
pick one up and put it on a digital scale:
http://i28.tinypic.com/5mhggi.jpg

Good video. Why is it titled "1965 hailstorm" ?

Dear Andrew,

The title honors the previous 1,964 photos and videos taken on that
camera.

YouTube just grabbed the filename that I clicked on and started
uploading.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old August 3rd 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:48:12 -0600, wrote:

[snip]

At the end of my ride today, this obstruction buzzed down out of a
tree, scaring me half to death before I realized what it was:
http://i28.tinypic.com/f50w42.jpg

It's about two inches long. The Schrader valve cap is for scale. The
blue jar lid is 4 inches wide.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old August 3rd 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Aug 2, 9:30*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:48:12 -0600, wrote:

[snip]

At the end of my ride today, this obstruction buzzed down out of a
tree, scaring me half to death before I realized what it was:
*http://i28.tinypic.com/f50w42.jpg

It's about two inches long. The Schrader valve cap is for scale. The
blue jar lid is 4 inches wide.

Wow, has it been 17 years already?
DR
Old August 3rd 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[snip]

At the end of my ride today, this obstruction buzzed down out of a
tree, scaring me half to death before I realized what it was:
http://i28.tinypic.com/f50w42.jpg

It's about two inches long. The Schrader valve cap is for scale. The
blue jar lid is 4 inches wide.

Valve cap for sale?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old August 3rd 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Aug 2, 10:09*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Aug 2, 9:30*pm, wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:48:12 -0600, wrote:

[snip]

At the end of my ride today, this obstruction buzzed down out of a
tree, scaring me half to death before I realized what it was:
*http://i28.tinypic.com/f50w42.jpg

It's about two inches long. The Schrader valve cap is for scale. The
blue jar lid is 4 inches wide.

Wow, has it been 17 years already?

I should temper that comment with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada

These obstructions were common where I grew up on the east coast and
were NOT referred to as "locusts" there.

DR