It's time to thank the rbr faithful

Old May 25th 11, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default It's time to thank the rbr faithful

I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
know what I'm talking about. *Better to remain a lurker. *But thank
you all for posting - it is always interesting and sometimes funny.
Or perhaps the other way around.

We don't know what the **** we're talking about either.

It's just fun to have some laughs and learn a few things. Dumbass
cyclists seem to be more open minded and intelligent than the
population.
Old May 25th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

On 5/25/2011 8:04 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:

I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
know what I'm talking about. Better to remain a lurker. But thank
you all for posting - it is always interesting and sometimes funny.
Or perhaps the other way around.

We don't know what the **** we're talking about either.

It's just fun to have some laughs and learn a few things. Dumbass
cyclists seem to be more open minded and intelligent than the
population.

I see no evidence of intelligence or open-mindedness here. You and
blaff are the poster boys for stupidity and closed-mindedness.
Old May 25th 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
MyPostingID wrote:

On May 14, 10:25Â*am, Simply Fred wrote:
Ben Trovato wrote:
Pretend? Â*Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Simply Fred wrote:
Rebellin will expose all.

TheCoz wrote:
I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
of that.

He has no inside information on the Republic of Borduria, although if he
grows a beard and buys a yacht then he might.

I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
know what I'm talking about.

Candyass.

--
Old Fritz
Old May 25th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
Anton Berlin wrote:

We don't know what the **** we're talking about either.

Speak for yourself.

--
Old Fritz
Old May 25th 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On May 14, 1:24*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
still a sport.

In a couple week's time, it will be too late; the posers and wannabes and
opportunists who jump in, jab a few times, think they're so cool and then
disappear... those guys will somehow think I'm including them in the
faithful. Yeah right. Just because you come in a couple weeks ahead of the
'Tour and wait until the doping tests are completed before leaving doesn't
get you much cred in my book.

So yes, I'm saying even Anton gets a thank you for being a fair &
foul-weather kind of rbr poster.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

-ilan
Old May 25th 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On May 25, 2:48*pm, ilan wrote:

Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

You should have just told him that you reject doping
products, as eating whale meat gives you superhuman
abilities anyway.

Fredmaster Ben

Old May 25th 11, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On May 14, 12:24*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
[...]

Sometimes the wind is just too strong.
Old May 26th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On May 25, 11:57*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd
wrote:
On May 25, 2:48*pm, ilan wrote:

Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

You should have just told him that you reject doping
products, as eating whale meat gives you superhuman
abilities anyway.

Fredmaster Ben

Thanks, I'll use that next time!

-ilan
Old May 26th 11, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

ilan wrote:
Thanks. Just to give you an idea of what this is leading to, I was
riding my city bike in downtown Neuchatel today and some Greenpeace
beggar made a comment about doping control in my honour. I turned
around to tell him what I thought of him and his organisation, but
like the people you mention, arguing is impossible with such people.

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
You should have just told him that you reject doping
products, as eating whale meat gives you superhuman
abilities anyway.

Not to mention the sealburgers you make from clubbing baby seals in Canada.

Old May 26th 11, 10:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Anton Berlin wrote:
We don't know what the **** we're talking about either.

We are alleged to be a collection of ****tards, ****wits and a lucky few
asshats who are first in line to get their cheques from Fabio.