Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

Old May 19th 13, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

I think that there needs to be a publicity drive to encourage cyclists to wear
helmets - if only because psycholists are against them

It has occurred to me that a very appropriate slogan can be "Wearing a cycle
helmet will not kill you" - with the obvious implication that not wearing one
may do so - but this does not have to be said.

So........

Whenever you get a chance, please use the slogan "Wearing a cycle helmet will
not kill you"

I am sure that it will catch on - and you heard it here first!

If you succeed in getting it used on a web page - or in a newspaper - don't
forget to report back.

(A special prize to anyone who can use it as a sig in URCM - Mr Benn likes a
challenge :-)
--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you
Old May 19th 13, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 19 mei, 20:10, Judith wrote:
I think that there needs to be a publicity drive to encourage cyclists to wear
helmets - if only because psycholists are against them

It has occurred to me that a very appropriate slogan can be "Wearing a cycle
helmet will not kill you" - with the obvious implication that not wearing one
may do so - but this does not have to be said.

Well why did you feel the need to say it?
Old May 19th 13, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

It was a ****wit magnet.

--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

Old May 20th 13, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 19 May 2013 23:14:25 +0100, Judith wrote:

****wit

Why do people insult others?

They have nothing to do with their miserable life.
Old May 20th 13, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_7_]

On 19 mei, 20:10, Judith wrote:
with the obvious implication that not wearing one
may do so

Sorry for piggy-backing your post Justin but I have Judy killfiled
so can't see her OP (and I don't want to muck about with my system to
see it [it's not important enough])

Note the MAY Judy (or Judith or whatever your real name may be)

Old May 20th 13, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"soup" wrote in message

On 19 mei, 20:10, Judith wrote:
with the obvious implication that not wearing one
may do so

Sorry for piggy-backing your post Justin but I have Judy killfiled
so can't see her OP

You could quite easily see it quoted in Justin's post. Unless you somehow
knew that he didn't quote *all* of it.

Old May 20th 13, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 20 May 2013 14:45:51 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

"soup" wrote in message

On 19 mei, 20:10, Judith wrote:
with the obvious implication that not wearing one
may do so

Sorry for piggy-backing your post Justin but I have Judy killfiled
so can't see her OP

You could quite easily see it quoted in Justin's post. Unless you somehow
knew that he didn't quote *all* of it.

I have previously used the sig: Have you noticed how some ******s actually
need to tell someone when they have been put in the kill-file?
But then of course - the really serious ******s have to remind people
periodically; particularly when they have let
something slip which shows that they do actually read the "kill-filed" poster.

What a pity that soup won't see this :-)

--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.

Old May 20th 13, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Judith" wrote in message

Sorry for piggy-backing your post Justin but I have Judy killfiled
so can't see her OP

You could quite easily see it quoted in Justin's post. Unless you somehow
knew that he didn't quote *all* of it.

I have previously used the sig: Have you noticed how some ******s
actually
need to tell someone when they have been put in the kill-file?
But then of course - the really serious ******s have to remind people
periodically; particularly when they have let
something slip which shows that they do actually read the "kill-filed"
poster.

What a pity that soup won't see this :-)

Indeed, seems the only reason he "piggybacked" Justin's post was to update
you on your killfile-ing-ness status.

I do hope he isn't using Mason's secret Google killfile code.

Old May 21st 13, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alcoholist

"Judith" wrote in message

"Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you" - with the obvious implication
that not wearing one
may do so - but this does not have to be said.

The only thing a cycle helmet does is prevent a cracked cranium. You can
still die of brain injury without a cracked cranium.

Your slogan doesn't make any sense, TBH.

Old May 22nd 13, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 22 May 2013 01:28:48 +0530, "Alcoholist" wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
.. .

"Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you" - with the obvious implication
that not wearing one
may do so - but this does not have to be said.

The only thing a cycle helmet does is prevent a cracked cranium. You can
still die of brain injury without a cracked cranium.

Your slogan doesn't make any sense, TBH.

Perhaps you can explain how many people have been killed on British roads
during the last ten years because they were wearing a cycle helmet.
--
Wearing a cycle helmet will not kill you.