Cameras

Old April 20th 04, 03:13 AM
darchibald

Default Cameras

To anyone with a camera i wanna know what kind is it, what can it do and
how much was it. I'm looking for one and don't know what's out there.
Any responses are much welcome.

Thanks in advance
David

--
darchibald
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old April 20th 04, 03:21 AM
one wheeled stallion

Search the net, and go to as many electrical appliance shops as
possible, there are loads of cameras that may suit some people but not
others. So go for the objective, not subjective approach!

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS
"i say mjoenie
coker is kouker" -Gild.
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old April 20th 04, 03:24 AM
Max_Dingemans

Just curious, Am I correct to assume that you're looking for a digital
camera? Either way, you might get more response if you specify.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old April 20th 04, 03:33 AM
tomblackwood

I did a lot of searching and comparing before selecting the Canon
Powershot A80. The choices can be overwhelming....decide what level of
megapixels you want and what features are really important to you, then
optimize around those. For me, it was non-proprietary batteries (i.e.
regular AA), and macro capabilities for extreme close up. There were
other features, but those were at the top of the list for me. You will
have your own choices.

Overall, J&R had consistently the best prices, even better than Costco.
http://www.jandr.com

Happy hunting,

tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old April 20th 04, 07:07 AM
Klaas Bil

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:13:09 -0500, "darchibald" wrote:

To anyone with a camera i wanna know what kind is it

This question belongs in Just Conversation. Visit www.dpreview.com.
There are a few more such sites but I like this one best.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Clearly a system of 1/14 and 1/16 is not decimal - Mikefule on the English weight system

Old April 20th 04, 11:28 PM
johnfoss

dpreview is very good, and also steves-digicams.com. Both have very long
reviews.

How about my camera, a Casio QV-4000? It's for sale. 4.13 megapixel, 3x
zoom, manual control, best shot feature (soft focus and other effects
in-camera). You may have seen some of my pictures, though they are
usually never displayed at their full size of 2240 x 1680 pixels.

I'm replacing it with a Casio EX-P600. Smaller, lighter, no stupid lens
cap, 6 megapixel, 4x zoom, more manual controls.

Anyway, if you have a more specific idea of what you're looking for I
can probably help, because I did extensive research to find my
replacement camera. It's not a Casio thing, by any means. It took me a
while before I came back around to that one.

My requirements were a combination of smaller size (than the QV-4000),
more zoom, faster startup and shutdown speeds, good optics, and no lens
cap.

If you need more than 3x zoom, it cuts down the choices quite a bit.

So let us know what you need. Price? Zoom? Amount of features? Speed?
Battery or memory type?

Oh, and to establish us as on-topic, I'll mention how my new camera will
be much easier to bring with me when I ride.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

Old April 21st 04, 01:05 AM
darchibald

So are you selling your camera? How much? I've done some research to, so
I know most of what everything is. Your camera sounds good. Reply if
you're selling.

Thanks
David

Old April 27th 04, 07:10 PM
johnfoss

Sorry folks, I know this thread is off-topic.

But yes, my camera is for sale. My *unicycle* camera. Used for taking
thousands of pictures of unicyclists, including the one at left. There.
Back on topic?

It's a Casio QV-4000. Please don't ask me basic questions about it. Look
it up on a camera site. Here's two good ones:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/casioqv4000/
http://tinyurl.com/1edt

$300 US (plus shipping) including batteries and 512MB SanDisk Ultra II
card.

If you are interested, please send questions, to the email address
below. I will not necessarily be reading this thread.

If shopping for a different camera for *unicycle* photos , feel free
to reply here.