Pro Cyclists, how do they do it.

Old October 10th 05, 11:36 AM
Trekmadone

Default Pro Cyclists, how do they do it.

So yesterday I did my first big ride, 120kms, and at a fair pace keeping up
with my mates.
We averaged around the 29/30ks'.

Too be honest I was stuffed.
The reason for this post is that I must say those Pro Cyclists are hard to
comprehend, for example, What we did yesterday was super tough.
Ok lets take the Tour De France for example.
The riders do on average double that distance on a daily basis for 4 weeks,
only 2 rest days, average speeds, of high 30's to 40's, and throw in a
couple of really steep mountains. Gosh, and I forgot, there is about 140 of
them, and all super elite athletes trying to beat each other to that finish
line...................ahhhh how do they do it ?

And if thats not enough, a few weeks later they start another tour.......
Are they real ????????

Old October 10th 05, 01:16 PM
endroll

Trekmadone Wrote:
[...]

something to do with genes, living on the bike, and the way the wind is
blowing!

--
endroll

Old October 10th 05, 02:41 PM
peterlip

Training, training, and then more training. During Le Tour, we were
told that most pro cyclists will do more than 30,000 km per year.

--
peterlip

Old October 10th 05, 02:51 PM
Bleve

Trekmadone wrote:
So yesterday I did my first big ride, 120kms, and at a fair pace keeping up
with my mates.
We averaged around the 29/30ks'.

Too be honest I was stuffed.
The reason for this post is that I must say those Pro Cyclists are hard to
comprehend, for example, What we did yesterday was super tough.
Ok lets take the Tour De France for example.
The riders do on average double that distance on a daily basis for 4 weeks,
only 2 rest days, average speeds, of high 30's to 40's, and throw in a
couple of really steep mountains. Gosh, and I forgot, there is about 140 of
them, and all super elite athletes trying to beat each other to that finish
line...................ahhhh how do they do it ?

A lot of training and a lot of eating.

Old October 10th 05, 03:08 PM
hippy

Bleve Wrote:

A lot of training and a lot of eating.

I've got the second part down pat.
Guess I'm nearly ready for le tour!

hippy

--
hippy

Old October 10th 05, 03:14 PM
HellenWheels

On 10 Oct 2005 06:51:13 -0700, "Bleve" wrote:

Trekmadone wrote:
So yesterday I did my first big ride, 120kms, and at a fair pace keeping up
with my mates.
We averaged around the 29/30ks'.

Too be honest I was stuffed.
The reason for this post is that I must say those Pro Cyclists are hard to
comprehend, for example, What we did yesterday was super tough.
Ok lets take the Tour De France for example.
The riders do on average double that distance on a daily basis for 4 weeks,
only 2 rest days, average speeds, of high 30's to 40's, and throw in a
couple of really steep mountains. Gosh, and I forgot, there is about 140 of
them, and all super elite athletes trying to beat each other to that finish
line...................ahhhh how do they do it ?

A lot of training and a lot of eating.

Don't forget mineral water. ;-p

-Wheels

Old October 10th 05, 03:47 PM
endroll

HellenWheels Wrote:

Don't forget mineral water. ;-p

-Wheels

EviaN
NaivE

--
endroll

Old October 10th 05, 03:53 PM
hippy

endroll Wrote:
EviaN
NaivE

Mineral water is insanely popular in Germany.

hippy
Is EPO a mineral?

--
hippy

Old October 10th 05, 05:13 PM
HellenWheels

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:53:57 +1000, hippy
wrote:

endroll Wrote:
EviaN
NaivE

Mineral water is insanely popular in Germany.

hippy
Is EPO a mineral?

Let's see:

"Animal"? no
"Vegetable"? nope

Yep, it's a mineral.

-Wheels.

Old October 11th 05, 04:24 AM
byron27

Bleve Wrote:
Trekmadone wrote:
[...]

they get paid to ride too.

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose