Got my new toy today :)

Old May 16th 08, 10:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

Default Got my new toy today :)

I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

Snap shots

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg
Old May 16th 08, 12:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
just us

So GS where are you off to?
I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
we live in the sticks. Looks good! Am about to set off on another epic
with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
ride with a lot of challenge thrown in
Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
Kathy.

Old May 16th 08, 01:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
D&M JOHNSTON

"G-S" wrote in message
I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for a
spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

Snap shots

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Is that the new Fuji Tourer?

I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
me well over $1800 new.

I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
proceeds. no regrets.

They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
something a bit stronger in the frame.
Fuji Touring are a great commuter and light tourer.
cheers
DJ

Old May 16th 08, 02:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

just us wrote:
So GS where are you off to?
I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
we live in the sticks. Looks good! Am about to set off on another epic
with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
ride with a lot of challenge thrown in
Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
Kathy.

To be honest I have no idea Kathy

I'm sort of thinking I'll just hop on and ride and end up where I end up!

I'll need to get some leave arranged at work before anything serious
though (and working on my fitness level wouldn't hurt either!).

Enjoy your trip through the Gulf/Cape York area... I've wanted to see
that locale for years.

G-S
Old May 16th 08, 02:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

D&M JOHNSTON wrote:

Is that the new Fuji Tourer?

Yes it is, the mudguards aren't standard and I changed to pedals to
shimanos with clip ins on one side and platforms on the other and added
lights and speedo but other than that it's stock.

I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
me well over $1800 new.

$1800? Gee they've dropped a bit... must be the strong Aussie dollar.
RRP is only $1199 now and this was on special for $999 which I reckon
was a bargain. Even with the accessories it was only about $1300 on the
road.

I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
proceeds. no regrets.

I must have missed that or I probably would have been in contact.

They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
something a bit stronger in the frame.

I agree, but I'm not really looking for a serious multi-day tourer.
Just a comfy bike I can use for afternoon rides or day trips and a bit
of light credit card touring (when I get the fitness level a bit better
LOL). This would handle commuting fine but I'll probably keep using the
Giant Cypress for that It's nice and low maintenance.

G-S
Old May 16th 08, 11:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

G-S wrote:
I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

Snap shots

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Looks like a nice setup for wintersun!

Moike
Old May 17th 08, 08:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
D&M JOHNSTON

"G-S" wrote in message
D&M JOHNSTON wrote:

[...]

Yeah,they have decreased in price alot since I bought mine, although that
price I quoted was for accessories as well like mudguards,trip computer and
a few little things, but by the time I've buggered around with different
types of saddles, put an adjustable stem, shimano spd pedals & shoes, I
reckon the final tally would be around $2,200.
I bought and used the bike primarily for the 2005 NSW bigride and i kinda
regretted taking it because it got scratched around abit when i tried
packing it into a bike box and getting it out again.
I found that for me, the large 30 small crank was a little too high
especially when you have about 20kg's of gear in 2 panniers, maybe a hybrid
gearing would be better say for eg: 26,36,46 for the crank would be ideal
for touring.
Anyway, you got a great bike at a very good price...hope you enjoy it.

Cheers
DJ

Old May 18th 08, 04:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.b...e02e41af 45e4

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ne%22+sex+park

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...fbf59005a2e6ad

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...sex+%22boys%22

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...bathroom++boys

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ing=d &hl=en&
Old May 18th 08, 04:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

wrote: a load of ****

You are now *plonked*
Old May 20th 08, 03:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ard

On May 16, 7:17*pm, G-S wrote:
I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

Snap shots

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Very Nice,
I'd pay a bit of attention to that rear light. I had one mounted
in exactly the same way, it's one of the few on the market designed to
fit the cut-outs on a rack. I had one of a very similar design
(*perhaps the same), where the two batteries would "separate" (are
they mounted in series in a single line?) for short period of time if
you went over a bump (eg a railway level crossing). THIS TURNS THE
LIGHT OFF when you think it's still on. I ended up taking it back to
the place of purchase. They were reluctant at first to refund when I
told them what happens. I demonstrated the light turning off by
turning the light on then tapping it on the sales counter. They took
all the stock of same off the shelves. I think the metal springs that
hold the batteries together were weak. I ended up "folding" some
alum. sheet and making a mount suitable for the type of rear light you
would mount on a seat post or seat stay to fit to the rack. YMMV

Andrew

got my uni today..... sobriquet Unicycling 0 July 6th 06 03:09 AM
got my uni today..... cyclenoobie Unicycling 0 July 6th 06 03:06 AM
Today is the big day! picado Unicycling 4 June 27th 06 09:54 AM
Shall I go out today? elyob UK 3 September 11th 05 07:36 PM
Today I will be mostly..... Doesnotcompute UK 3 August 10th 03 06:35 PM