Spoke wrench size

Old November 1st 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Spoke wrench size

On 1 Nov, 20:16, Gabriele R wrote:
Il 01/11/2009 19.38, thirty-six ha scritto:

On 1 Nov, 07:00, Gabriele R wrote:
Il 22/10/2009 7.11, Gabriele R ha scritto:

Which spoke wrench for the std 12 mm brass nipples supplied together DT
Swiss Competition DB?
1)0.127 (3.22 mm)
2) 0.130 (3.3 mm)
3) 0.136 (3.42 mm)
For the record, real test says no 2.

So which type did you get, and how did you get on with it?

I got the green Ice Toolz
(ttp://www.icetoolz.com/icetoolz/index_pro3.php?parent=4&id=315)
and completed the series of three wrenches.
No ways to mesh the black, green did.
Quite cheap, nice feeling.

I see there is a stepped entry to that horseshoe nipple key. I don't
think mine have that, may make it a little easier to use. Does the
regular Park nipple key have this stepped entry?

I got a pair of double ended 4-way cone spanners made by Lifu
recently. Dirt cheap on clearance. Wouldn't have bothered
otherwise. Turned out to be strong. I wrenched off a locknut, with
the end opening, which I hadn't noticed was painted in place. So even
at regular price I'd go with Lifu / Ice Tools. Didn't realise they
were one and the same until now.
Old November 2nd 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Ice Toolz Vs Park Spoke wrench / nipple key , horseshoe style

On 1 Nov, 20:37, thirty-six wrote:

I see there is a stepped entry to that horseshoe nipple key. *I don't
think mine have that, may make it a little easier to use. *Does the
regular Park nipple key have this stepped entry?

No it doesn't. Looks like the Lifu tool wins again. Anybody had
experience of using the Lifu / Ice Toolz and the Park can confirm
there is a difference in their use.