Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

Old September 18th 03, 01:23 AM
Damon Cahill

Default Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I paid
$1799 for this bike less than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO. The
bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40 miles. I have finally
received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur ), which is why
I am getting rid of this one. If you are interested, please e-mail me at
, or call 704-875-1418. I have original owners
manuals/pumps, etc. Also, you can go to
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/s/dscahill/bike.html to see pictures.

Specs

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2003/...n/liquid20.jsp

FRAME ZR 9000 AlloyT in a long-travel, full-suspension design that quickly
adjusts to match the terrain. Lighter than titanium, stronger than steel.

SUSPENSION RockShox Psylo XC fork (125mm travel) and Fox Talas R rear air
shock (up to 5" of rear wheel travel) adjust on the fly to changing
conditions.

WHEELS Bontrager Race Disc Tubeless are light but durable, with disc brakes
for superior stopping power in slop or steep descents.

COMPONENTS Bontrager Race crank and Deore LX/XT 9-speed shifting.

Attached Images

Old September 18th 03, 05:05 PM
JD

"Dumbon Cahill" wrote in message ...
I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I paid
$1799 for this bike less than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO. The
bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40 miles. I have finally
received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur )

This is a riot on so many levels, I can't stop laughing. Try
rec.bicycles.marketplace for a real sucker, you may get lucky because
I doubt anyone here with the exception of a few are stupid enough to
pay that much for obvious garbage.

JD
Old September 18th 03, 08:05 PM
Zilla

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"Dumbon Cahill" wrote in message

I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I

paid
$1799 for this bike less than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO.

The
bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40 miles. I have finally
received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur )

This is a riot on so many levels, I can't stop laughing. Try
rec.bicycles.marketplace for a real sucker, you may get lucky because
I doubt anyone here with the exception of a few are stupid enough to
pay that much for obvious garbage.

JD

I predicted an assault from you and you proved me right. However, I
agree with you on the ridiculous price, and the undesirable fact that he
posted here!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old September 19th 03, 02:23 AM
Stephen Baker

Damon says:

My apologies. I will post elsewhere. The price I posted was based on
suggestions from a few LBS's in Charlotte. I didn't know it would ruffle so
many feathers!

THe problem is, Damon, that there is a group called rec.bikes.marketplace that
is specifically for posting "For Sale" and "WTB" stuff. As a result, the other
bike groups prefer to keep away from it. It does, as you may have gathered,
occasion a great deal of ruckus.
You did nothing illegal (this _is_ an alt group) but you should maybe read the
faq first...

Steve "find a post of bomba's for the link to the FAQ..."
Old September 19th 03, 12:05 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:05:19 -0400, "Zilla"
wrote:

I predicted an assault from you and you proved me right. However, I
agree with you on the ridiculous price, and the undesirable fact that he
posted here!

What's really ridiculous is that 2003 Liquids sold so well Trek is
blowing them out. A Liquid 20 could probably be had for less than
$1450 brand new.

AFAIK, Trek has every size and color in stock at warehouses across the
country. The 2004 Liquids are an awful lot like a Giant VT, a nice
complement to Giant. G

Barry
Old September 19th 03, 01:09 PM
Damon Cahill

They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding
aside, I actually do appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the
LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...

Old September 19th 03, 10:35 PM
JD

"Damon Cahill" wrote in message . ..
They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding
aside, I actually do appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the
LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?

Do yourself a favor, Damon. Don't listen to barry bargain. He's
about as credible here as Charles Manson in an American Legion Post
meeting.

JD

Trek 2300 or Cannondale R1000 or other? Roger W General 22 March 26th 04 12:44 AM
shady trek dealings Ryan Fisher General 14 February 21st 04 11:08 PM
which Trek to get? help Mountain Biking 4 August 9th 03 08:52 PM
LeMond v. Trek Bob M General 14 July 19th 03 06:42 PM
Info on 1986 Trek 620 Mark Traphagen General 2 July 12th 03 02:59 AM