Those French!

Old July 29th 05, 03:11 AM
h squared

It was pretty clear

thanks ben.

People who generalize this
to a universal condition of "French rudeness" are stoopid because
it's like going to New York and reporting back that all Americans
are in a hurry, loud and brusque. Yeah, and so what?

yep. my bf pretty much experienced cliche rudeness first hand, but like
i tried to say, he didn't blame the entire country for that one person's
actions.

My experience here is pretty out of date because I haven't been
in many years. However, if rbr feels this needs to be researched
further, I am willing to be sponsored. Europe is nearly
unaffordable for those of us paid in a third-world currency like
the Bush dollar.

my penniless cousin goes there and sleeps in train stations, beaches,
bus stops, etc, clutching a knife for protection (i'm not making this
**** up) to save money. do you want me to try to hook you up with him?

Old July 29th 05, 03:51 AM
benjo maso

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bob Martin a écrit :

I think what they resent is you constantly reminding them that you helped
them.
Hardly a day goes by without someone saying "we saved their/your ass".
Britain also helped France in two wars but nobody makes an issue of it.

I watched some D-Day documentaries this year and I finally realised
that
without the USA, France would have been under German occupation not for
decades, but for centuries.

Don't you forget the role of the USSR? The turning point of WW II wasn't
D-day, but the battle of Kursk in the summer of 1943. From that moment on,
at the eastern front the German Army wasn't capable anymore to attack, and
forced to retreat continually. In fact, Germany had lost the war and there
was no way that it could continue its occupation of Europa for many years.
Of course, the French were very happy to be liberated by the British,
Americans, Canadians, etc and not by the Russians, but that is another
matter.

Benjo

Old July 29th 05, 03:56 AM
Andre

Mj wrote:
This is such steaming pile of bull**** that I'm not only embarrassed
for you at your outrageous display of ignorance, I'm embarrased for
your family. "Resistance" fighters do NOT, as a matter of policy, seek

out groups of inncocent women and children and blow them up. The
insurgents/terrorists DO. There's a difference between those who would

fight in a resistance to prevent one's country from falling under the
control of an oppressive, dictatorial totalitarian regime, like the
French did, and those who would fight to prevent democracy because they

want to enslave the country under Wahabist Islam. The former are
freedom fighters, the latter are terrorists.

=EF=83=98 But they can not be
called insurgents just as the French resistance against the Nazis can
not be called insurgents either. The French resistance did not target inn=

ocent women and children - they
were fighting to regain their freeedoms and their democratic
government. The terrorists in Iraq murder innocents and want
theocratic tyranny over democracy. There's a clear difference. I'd
suggest you go back to school and re-take your history classes.
Clearly, you failed them the first time around.

I wrote:
Bush killed women and children in Iraq. If you can't understand that
then I feel bad for you. The resistance in Iraq is targeting traitors
mostly set up by the puppet government, and the invading forces. Key
words you must look out for: Democracy, freedom, insurgents, etc. Most
of those words are mental manipulation, and you haven't seen through it

yet. They are used whenever something must be justified..usually a
terrorist act.

Old July 29th 05, 04:11 AM
Bob Schwartz

Mark Fennell wrote:
BTW, for anyone who likes climbing, you *need* to go ride in the alps. That
is surely the climbing mecca of the world because the pavement is great, the
views are incredible, and the traffic is minimal (at least where I was
around Morzine).

You know, LANCE! was not the first guy to get his ass kicked on the
Joux-Plane. The first time up was 1978 and Zoetemelk had a 14 second
lead on Hinault. He knew Hinault would rip his legs off in the last
TT so he knew he needed to put time into him into Morzine.

As it was it was all he could do to keep from coughing up internal
organs while he followed an attacking Hinault.

Do they serve andouilette in Morzine?

Bob Schwartz

Old July 29th 05, 04:59 AM
Bob Schwartz

Mark Fennell wrote:
"h squared" wrote:
does your wife ride too? i can't imagine how a trip like this would work
when only one of the two people involved like cycling.
heather
(bf doesn't like cycling)

If your bf can't find something to do while you are out
riding, trade him in for a more exciting model. My wife
doesn't ride and killing time was just not a problem.

Well, on this trip there were 15 of us total so she had plenty to do. And
yes, she does ride a bike... but not with me. I'm already scheming for my
next trip--perhaps to St. Jean de Maurienne--where we would be 5-6 couples
in a chalet and the guys go ride the cols all day and the wives/girl friends
shop and prepare awesome meals for our return. ...God I hope she never reads
rbr!!

There is a boatload of Tour history in the area in just
about any direction. When you go over the Galibier don't
pussy out at the top just because the tunnel is open
again. Hump it all the way to the Col, up the steepest
part where there is the least air, and after you've already
been climbing for 20 miles except for that short 4k stretch
into Valloire that by now is just a distant memory. Imagine
Udo Bolts rolling up next to you, telling you to 'Suffer,
you swine.'

When you're done be sure to knock back a couple of Mont
Blanc Vert. It's a green beer brewed in Belgium, but the
**** they spike it with is from the French Alps. That way
the beer can kick your ass too.

The part you hope your wife doesn't find out about is that
you can find Pussy on a ride from there, on the north side
of the Madeleine. Don't mistake it for Pusey or Pussay,
they're different. Pussay is an easy ride from Chartres,
and no one goes looking for Pussy at the cathedral. Although
you will find flying buttresses if you are into that sort
of thing.

And don't forget the andouilette.

Bob Schwartz

Old July 29th 05, 05:56 AM

Please learn how to quote a usenet post properly.

mj

Old July 29th 05, 06:00 AM

Andre wrote:
Bush killed women and children in Iraq.

You've fallen for leftist propaganda. Saddam loyalists and foreign
terrorists are killing women and children in Iraq. The Iraqis have
declared their preference for a representative democracy over Saddam's
tyranny, which never would have happened without Bush.

You lost. Try not to cry about it.

mj

Old July 29th 05, 06:02 AM
Howard Kveck

In article .com,
" wrote:

Please learn how to quote a usenet post properly.

mj

....said the man who quoted nothing.

Oh well, it's Google.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Anti French [email protected] Racing 32 July 7th 05 03:29 PM
French Alps incorrect sea-to-lake tour Nice-Geneva Ken Roberts Rides 11 November 7th 04 06:33 PM
French frame questions Sheldon Brown Techniques 3 September 21st 04 08:11 PM
French Thread on '82 Motobecane? Art Harris Techniques 2 October 8th 03 08:47 PM