Stage 1 query...

Old July 2nd 05, 05:37 PM
Jaybee

Default Stage 1 query...

I haven't seen such a disparity between the leader and the others in a TT of this
length. I am happy for Zabriskie, but based on the differences, is there any
possibility, even in this event, that there was a timing error in his run?
Old July 2nd 05, 05:43 PM
--dani--

I haven't seen such a disparity between the leader and the others in a
TT of this length. I am happy for Zabriskie, but based on the
differences, is there any possibility, even in this event, that there
was a timing error in his run?

I think if they show the actual speed of the riders, it would show
Zabriskie's time to be accurate. His is the fastest ever in a TdF time
trial(not including prologues) at almost 55km/h.

"I caught a snuffleufagus and smoked a boogaloo spliff"

--dani--

It's a blog: http://innadaze.blogspot.com
Old July 2nd 05, 05:45 PM
BigLoco

no chance!

I'm thinking shifting winds.

Old July 2nd 05, 06:14 PM
Jaybee

BigLoco wrote:
no chance!

I'm thinking shifting winds.

"Jaybee" wrote in message

I haven't seen such a disparity between the leader and the others in a TT
of this length. I am happy for Zabriskie, but based on the differences,
is there any possibility, even in this event, that there was a timing error
in his run?

Yep, I was premature based on Lance's performance. But it would be interesting if a
post stage analysis determined why such a large disparity. I agree, most likely is
shifting winds combined with a great performance
Old July 2nd 05, 06:39 PM
David Ferguson

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:14:05 -0700, Jaybee
wrote:

BigLoco wrote:
no chance!

I'm thinking shifting winds.

"Jaybee" wrote in message

I haven't seen such a disparity between the leader and the others in a TT
of this length. I am happy for Zabriskie, but based on the differences,
is there any possibility, even in this event, that there was a timing error
in his run?

Yep, I was premature based on Lance's performance. But it would be interesting if a
post stage analysis determined why such a large disparity. I agree, most likely is
shifting winds combined with a great performance

Armstrong doesn't gain 6 seconds on a guy from check point one to
check point two and then lose 5 of them, and the win, without
something going on. Maybe he spent it all blowing by Ullrich. Maybe he
wanted another American to get a Yellow Jersey. Maybe he didn't want
to be put in the position of trying to wire to wire the race.

Winds, slipped pedal, increased humidity, blah blah...

It's doing a disservice to Zabriskie to indicate in any way that he
didn't earn or deserve this great win.

I don't know, but no matter what went on Zabriskie is really
establishing himself now. Vuelta, Giro and now TdF. Fantastic.

The big question is whether or not CSC will hold it through the TTT.

Old July 2nd 05, 06:45 PM
Michael

"David Ferguson" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:14:05 -0700, Jaybee
wrote:

BigLoco wrote:
no chance!

I'm thinking shifting winds.

"Jaybee" wrote in message

[...]

They will certainly try to defend the Mellow Johnny. It's difficult to believe
that Armstrong calculated that CSC would do the work for the first few
stages and so let Zabriskie win, but that's the effect.

m.

Old July 2nd 05, 07:01 PM
David Ferguson

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 17:45:09 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

[...]

Well, Armstrong had all day (over 2 hours) knowing that CSC had it.
They could have come up with a plan that was contingent on how the top
GC rivals did.

Or maybe he just wanted to stay in sight of Jan to rub it in, lol.

Old July 2nd 05, 07:14 PM
BigLoco

I didn't mean to take anything away from him...I alluded to wind before
Armstrong et al started...I was thinking it was odd to see the early
starters maintaining good positions...guys like bodrogi and wauters staying
so high in the placings...

Believe me, I was happy to see Zab take the victory.

Old July 2nd 05, 07:35 PM
DepartFictif

quote:
They will certainly try to defend the Mellow Johnny. It's difficult to
believe
that Armstrong calculated that CSC would do the work for the first few
stages and so let Zabriskie win, but that's the effect.

It has NOTHING to so with "knowing" CSC would work.. however gets
yellow will work. He didn't have to "know" or "calculate" that CSC
would do the work.. If he finishes 2nd.. it's ideal..

Old July 2nd 05, 09:10 PM

David Ferguson wrote:
It's doing a disservice to Zabriskie to indicate in any way that he
didn't earn or deserve this great win.

Ya, imagine how much time DZ would have gained on LA if they'd both had
Lance's superbike...

Jim

2004 TdF route prediction trg Racing 43 October 12th 03 10:06 PM
The Graciousness Of A Champion hold my beer and watch this... Racing 41 September 4th 03 08:14 PM