Wild camping for cyclists resources

Old June 13th 09, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
anern[_2_]

Default Wild camping for cyclists resources

Hi,
I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

Cheers,

Bruce.

Old June 13th 09, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
eatmorepies

By wild camping do you mean just pitching your tent on a hill or in a forest
and clearing off in the morning without leaving any sign of your stay? If so
there are one or two places near me (Mid Wales though) that people sometimes
use. They are a bit remote so that might match you 'wild' requirement. They
are in the area around Llyn Brianne, OS Landranger 147 grid ref 807 514.

John

Old June 13th 09, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Dunlop

anern:

I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

Not specifically for Wales, but the late Ken Kifer's bicycle camping and
touring pages are worth a read.

http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/touring/index.htm

--
John
Old June 13th 09, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 07:35:32 +0100, "anern" wrote:

I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

Which part of South Wales? I have camped out in the Brecon Beacons
before now, as part of my Duke of Edinburgh's Award expeditions; the
National Park authority were helpful to the school I believe.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old June 13th 09, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

anern wrote:

Hi,
I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

Cheers,

Bruce.

which bit of south wales? that still covers a fairly large area, i grew
up and folks still live on the easten part of the Beacons, there are
quite a few nice places to camp around those places.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Capital to Coast
Old June 13th 09, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 13 June, 07:35, "anern" wrote:
Hi,
* * I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

I used to use woods. Even small woods can conceal a tent. Best to
pitch at dusk though and leave early.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Old June 15th 09, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Señor Chris

anern wrote:
Hi,
I've been researching a wild camping tour for the bottom half of wales
and have stumbled upon alot of motor home resources but not many for
cyclists. Anybody got links to resouces / ideas for good sites ?

The beauty of wild camping is discovering your own, untouched site at
the point on your journey where you feel the need to stop for the night.