Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 10:30 PM
Michael Dart

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

In om,
Corvus Corvax typed:
David Reuteler wrote

nobody in the USA under 40 irons anything. if my mother taught me
it was probably for cub scouts or something silly like that and i've
long since forgotten. even the poor sods who have to dress nice for
work just take their stuff to the dry cleaner. never even owned an
iron.

perhaps now the exceptions will prove the rule by posting.

I'll step up to the plate on this one. Any man who doesn't know how to
properly iron a collared shirt is uneducated. Being proud of not
knowing how to iron (or cook) is like being proud of not knowing how
to read.

Very well put CC!

Mike

Old January 6th 04, 10:36 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:11:53 GMT, "Critic"
wrote:

No, he should have had his ass kicked and been jailed for the duration for
sedition. We are at war, folks. How easily you all have forgotten that.

And the first casualty of war is?....

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 6th 04, 10:41 PM
Pete

"Jonesy" wrote in message
m...
Paladin wrote in message ...
William Paling wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

But don't forget, boys and girls, "Peace follows Victory."

If you are Germany or Japan, peace also follows defeat.

And maybe Iraq as well.

Appeasement
or accomodation of evil is not peace, it is usually just cowardice.

Tell that to Rummy, Reagan and Bush the Elder, who all "looked the
other way" when Saddam was our pal. Claiming the moral high ground is
tough when your Enemy No. 1 was your pal 14 years ago, just because
his neighbor was Enemy No. 2 at the time. This kind of moral
relativism is one of the big problems I have with Bush apologists.

That happens with regularity. Should we not have allied with Stalinist
Russia to defeat Hitler? Or should we shun peace advances from Libya, even
though they've been terrorist sponsors in the past, and may be again in the
future?

If we cut ourselves off from anyone who *may* turn bad at some point...we'd
end up total isolationists.

Pete

Old January 6th 04, 11:20 PM
Critic

wrote:

No, he should have had his ass kicked and been jailed for the duration

for
sedition. We are at war, folks. How easily you all have forgotten that.

And the first casualty of war is?....

Truth? You anti-Americans can't lose what you never had.

Old January 6th 04, 11:36 PM
Penny S

Matt O'Toole scribbled on a scrap of paper:
In rec.bicycles.misc Matt O'Toole wrote:

Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Penny S wrote:

Chocolate

...from Mexico, by way of Holland... The Swiss merely figured out
how to stretch it with milk, cutting corners to make more money...

Matt O.

I meant Toblerone, and Kindercholat while we are at it.

Swiss Cheese?

Old January 6th 04, 11:42 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Critic wrote:
: Truth? You anti-Americans can't lose what you never had.

ordinarily i'd say don't feed the troll but what the hell: it's winter,
i'm back at work, there's ice all over the roads, it's 15F and i'm kinda
cranky.

critic. work with us & notch it up a few levels intellectually.
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 11:46 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Penny S wrote:
: Swiss Cheese?

ewwww. the man said good ideas.

even as a cost cutting measure swiss cheese fails. cheese is usually sold
by weight not volume and swiss cheese is actually more expensive to store.
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Penny S

David Reuteler scribbled on a scrap of paper:
In rec.bicycles.misc Penny S wrote:
Swiss Cheese?

ewwww. the man said good ideas.

even as a cost cutting measure swiss cheese fails. cheese is usually
sold by weight not volume and swiss cheese is actually more expensive
to store.

ok then, the Von Trapp Family. Or were they Austrian?

Stick with the Toblerone.

Penny