Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old August 12th 11, 01:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 10, 11:13*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 1:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You would need an advanced degree in the subjects and be affiliated with a
prestigious institution of higher learning. You would also have to have
the
respect of your peers in the subjects involved. Barring any of the above,
you are hopelessly at sea.
On needs none of this to avail oneself of the information that is

readily available for those with an open mind and eagerness to learn.
That leaves you out.

Scientific knowledge is available to doctors. It is their business to know
it and to keep up to date on whatever pertains to their specialties. Damned
if I am going to do their work for them. I've got more important things to
do ... like listening to the music of Beethoven for instance.

Did anyone ask you to do their work for them? The point that seems to
escape your poor powers of perception is that the knowledge from
research scientists and doctors has been published and made available
to the viewing public. It is not just their business. Since this
involves your own personal health, it is you your business well and
you should make it your business. Listening to Beethoven is neither
more important than your health nor will it make you any more
healthy. That much is a indisputable.

Now for a bit more on topic regarding the original discussion/ You
said that you didn't eat much in the way of chicken and eggs and still
got prostate cancer. Scientists have known for several years that men
who consume large amounts of dairy products or red meat are more
likely to develop metastatic prostate cancer, and to die from the
disease. The links are well etablished. It is known that diet plays
a key role in inflammation, consequent oxidative damage to the
prostate and genetic mutation (generally inactivation of prostate
preventive genes) promoting prostate cancer and its progression. I
know this stuff because I have made a point to learn this stuff. You
cannot be bothered and yet run you mouth like you have made the effort
to learn before you speak. There are two types of people in this
world. Those that are wise enough to know that they don't know all
that there is to know about everything and then there is head
swollen ... HEAD Dolan.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 12th 11, 01:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 10, 11:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 1:55 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The primary care doctor will follow whatever the medical bureaucracy has
determined to be routine. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Your problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else
based
on a few months reading of questionable literature. Fools rush in where
angels fear to tread. Also, a little learning is a dangerous thing. Or did
already say that once or twice before.
You problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else

period and that is why you delete whole section of what I have posted
with a gratuitous blah blah, blah and label experts who know more that
you as having authored questionable literature. *It must be such a
burden being a myopic visionary and the self-appointed Oracle
Worthington. *A little learning is a dangerous thing and that is
precisely why you shouldn't have called an end to what is a lifelong
process. *One thing is for certain. *Your arrogance is legendary.

I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me. I am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.

It is you business to know some of what doctors know so that you and
your doctor can communicate unless you have no concern about you
health and well being.

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.

The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized

heath care system. It may appear inexpensive to you the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

It was also paid for by my years serving in the military at slave wages..
Even so, it is relatively inexpensive compared to all other systems of
health care delivery.
Years??? You weren't in the military long enough to foot the bill for

the benefits you received and you very well know that, so who do you
think you're fooling? *Yourself perhaps, but certainly not me.

Nope, it was an earned benefit that was made by mutual agreement at the time
of my enlistment. Duration of service has nothing to do with it.

This is not about your "terms of employment".. The time you were in
the service paying into the system was not commensurate with the
benefits you derived. Consequently the VA health care system may seen
inexpensive, but is is a taxpayer burden. Then again much can be said
of medicare. They are both underfunded health care systems.

Old August 12th 11, 01:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 10, 11:43*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 2:16 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is too much to ask which is why you are never going to get it. Usenet
without moderators is strictly for clowns.
Trolls who are clown you mean. *Lack of a moderator merely provides

opportunity that the troll (clown) exploits. * The American
Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a form of
mental illness ... a personality disorder. *Is there anything good
about that?

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The only one who is acting out of the
mainstream is yourself. Tom Sherman is the expert on Usenet, not you. You
proved your lack of perspicacity via the Ed Gin episode on ARBR some years
back.

Once again you deleted a large section of my post in responding
without so much as a SNIP Why? because netiquette does not apply to
trolls. That's why Reinserted here...

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
skills. Trolls generally have no substantive connection to the cyber-
community that they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen. Trolls post
attention-
seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice other users
into angry and/or fruitless responses. A troll is an abusive user who
delights in upsetting others and creating discord in an online
community ... someone who purposefully posts messages deliberately
crafted to annoy antagonize, and infuriate ... messages that are off-
topic, inflammatory, or even controversial, rude, offensive, or
divisive with every intent to disrupt normal discussion or provoke a
desired emotional response.

Trolls are utterly immune to criticism and logical arguments. Trolls
cannot be negotiated with or reasoned with. One cannot cause a troll
to feel shame, compassion or remorse. When one attempts to reason
with a troll, the troll wins. When one insults a troll, the troll
wins. Trolls are generally sociopathic and, do not feel encumbered or
constrained by rules of etiquette, common courtesy or social
boundaries. Trolls consider themselves above social constraints and
responsibilities. Trolls view the Internet as a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. Disrupting a stable newsgroup
gives the troll an illusion of power. Trolls often style themselves
as gadflies, challenging and subverting the dominant discourse and
assumptions of the forum they are trolling. Trolls crave attention,
and it matters not whether it is positive or negative. For trolls,
any response is "recognition" since it serves as a means to garner a
twisted sense of self-importance, itself a satisfying emotional reward
for the troll. Trolls are unable to distinguish between irritation
and admiration and their ego grows in proportion to the number of
accumulated response, regardless of form or content. Trolls dispute
this, claiming that it's just fun, a game, or a joke, but this merely
confirms diagnosis. Trolls live lonely, cowardly lives behind the
anonymity of a keyboard, desperately engaged a mind-numbing, time-
wasting, trivial hobby that is their source of amusement.

When in Rome do as the Romans? You mean when on Usenet emulate a
troll/clown. No thanks. Perspicacity is not a trait that a
troglodyte trolls possess. You myopic view of Usenet is one that you
will always mistakenly subscribe to.

You are stuck in a time warp. Usenet may have been worth something when it
was new, but it is now old and it is worthless. I suspect Facebook and the
other social websites are more your speed.

Someone who has difficult writing a post without mentioning Ed Gin
accuses me of being stuck in a time warp. Now that is a hoot. Social
network is rife with privacy and security problems. Social networking
appeals to lonely people indulging their egos. Social networkers
bombard one other with blow-by-blow accounts of the daily minutiae
with a never- ending stream of status updates. The social networker
is compelled to share their every movement and thought no matter how
mundane seemingly to validate their very existence. It is as though
in the absence of an audience of followers, the social networker's
life would be without meaning. Actually this sounds right up you
alley. I'll pass.

Old August 12th 11, 01:46 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

It is an allusion to think that tyo can improve on what the doctor
prescribes. Before you know it, you will be consulting with witch doctors
and snake oil salesmen.

[...]

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.

Old August 12th 11, 02:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 11:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know
or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I
would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me. I
am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.

It is you business to know some of what doctors know so that you and

your doctor can communicate unless you have no concern about you
health and well being.

If we both speak English, we will communicate well enough.
[...]

Nope, it [the VA] was an earned benefit that was made by mutual agreement
at the time
of my enlistment. Duration of service has nothing to do with it.

This is not about your "terms of employment".. The time you were in

the service paying into the system was not commensurate with the
benefits you derived. Consequently the VA health care system may seen
inexpensive, but is is a taxpayer burden. Then again much can be said
of medicare. They are both underfunded health care systems.

But it was commensurate with the terms of our agreement and in fact with my
service. My enlistment was like a contract between two parties. After my
death, it will have been paid in full whether I use the VA or not. The VA
health care system is fully funded by the American citizen who enjoys
freedom by virtue of that service.

With respect to Medicare, it is an interesting question depending on what
one expects from one's society. If it is seen as a right of citizenship,
then it can be fully funded with justification by taxes just like the
military services. I guess that is what liberals and conservatives will be
arguing about until the end of time.

Old August 12th 11, 06:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 11, 7:46*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

It is an illusion to think that a doctor knows all that there is to
know about everything. One of my doctors has said that he has learned
much from his patients. The point being made was that information is
there that you have not and are not wiling to avail yourself of
available information. Anything that you can earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.

Now for a bit more on topic regarding the original discussion/ *You

said that you didn't eat much in the way of chicken and eggs and still
got prostate cancer. *Scientists have known for several years that men
who consume large amounts of dairy products or red meat are more
likely to develop metastatic prostate cancer, and to die from the
disease. *The links are *well established. *It is known that diet plays
a key role in inflammation, consequent oxidative damage to the
prostate and genetic mutation (generally inactivation of *prostate
preventive genes) *promoting prostate cancer and its progression. *I
know this stuff because I have made a point to learn this stuff. *You
cannot be bothered and yet run your mouth like you have made the effort
to learn before you speak. There are two types of people in this
world. *Those that are wise enough to know that they don't know all
that there is to know about everything and then there is head
swollen ... HEAD Dolan.

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.

In a word ... YES. It is not what I say, but what medical researchers
and doctors now say. As I have said all along, you haven't heard
because you haven't taken the time or mad the effort required to hear
the message. It is never too lte to take some corrective measures to
improve one's helath and well being.

Old August 12th 11, 06:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 11, 8:05*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 10, 11:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know
or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I
would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me. I
am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.
It is you business to know some of what doctors know so that you and

your doctor can communicate unless you have no concern about you
health and well being.

If we both speak English, we will communicate well enough.

Are you so dumb as to have missed my point It take more than a common
language to communicate. Both parties must have a reasonable grasp of
the subject matter in order for productive communication to be
feasible.

Nope, it [the VA] was an earned benefit that was made by mutual agreement
at the time
of my enlistment. Duration of service has nothing to do with it.
This is not about your "terms of employment".. *The time you were in

the service paying into the system was not commensurate with the
benefits you derived. *Consequently the VA health care system may seen
inexpensive, but is is a taxpayer burden. *Then again much can be said
of medicare. *They are both underfunded health care systems.

But it was commensurate with the terms of our agreement and in fact with my
service. My enlistment was like a contract between two parties. After my
death, it will have been paid in full whether I use the VA or not. The VA
health care system is fully funded by the American citizen who enjoys
freedom by virtue of that service.

You missed the point. You will have gotten word out than you put in
in terms of money and the deficit has to be made up by someone.

Old August 12th 11, 06:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

On 8/11/2011 7:04 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...] Listening to Beethoven is neither
more important than your health nor will it make you any more
healthy. That much is a indisputable.[...

The act of listening to proper music may well improve mental health,
thereby improving the function of the immune system.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old August 12th 11, 06:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

On 8/10/2011 10:06 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
John[s] Hopkins is considered the best hospital in this country if not
the worlds and wrote the book on Urology.[...]

But they lost one "s"?

Old August 12th 11, 06:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

On 8/12/2011 12:00 AM, JimmyMac wrote:
[...] Anything that you can [l]earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.[...]

Jim must mean a general "you", since Ed Dolan refuses to learn anything new.

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 07:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 05:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 10:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 08:23 AM