The Cyclist the Camera and the Carriage Clock

Old June 22nd 05, 03:35 PM
spademan o---[) *

Default The Cyclist the Camera and the Carriage Clock

I'm the kind of person who loves making solutions to problems which
don't really exist. Hence one day I wondered if I could attach my
digi-cam to my bike in such a way to avoid smashing my camera to bits
when I stack (I stack - lots) in order to take short video clips that
would probably be of interest to no-one but myself and a couple of
weirdos who frequent this group (alright Shaun!).
I wanted to make something that would protect the camera whilst still
allowing quick access to the controls, and also something that could
detatch in the case of a direct impact to try and reduce the damage.
Carriage clock-cam was born
http://steve-t.fotopic.net/c588680.html

Total cost was =A31.80 - =A31 for the clock, 20p for a sheet of stainless
steel and 50p for four bolts the same spec as a tripod mount. I also
used a piece of mouse mat on the base for cushioning and a cork place
mat to hold the bold captive and provide grip for the camera.
Originally I hoped (rather naively I now realise) that the 'case' would
attach to the stainless steel 'mount' through velco, thus allowing it
to detatch easily. Let me tell you, velco is sh1t, and trying to glue
velco to ss is also near impossible. The hi-tech solution involved
elastic bands. These worked fine but more would be better...
If anyones still reading this by now, good for you, I've uploaded a
sample vid of the results here (6.5mb)
http://savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=3D1030819

Steve.

Old June 22nd 05, 03:50 PM
Shaun aRe

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm the kind of person who loves

Posting the same message twice? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old June 23rd 05, 08:55 AM
spademan o---[) *

Shaun aRe wrote:
Posting the same message twice? ',;~}~

Hmm don't know how that happened, seems all mixed up, in fact I can
only see my original post in the middle of this thread...
Steve.

Old June 23rd 05, 01:02 PM
Shaun aRe

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...
Shaun aRe wrote:
Posting the same message twice? ',;~}~

Hmm don't know how that happened, seems all mixed up, in fact I can
only see my original post in the middle of this thread...
Steve.

Weird. Turned up looking like a reply to the OP for me, but without the
thingy...

Shaun aRe