Attn: Qld Cyclists (Road Rules)

Old October 19th 05, 07:27 AM
Resound

Default Attn: Qld Cyclists (Road Rules)

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Peter McCallum Wrote:

Maybe he was wondering how he is supposed to scratch his arse while
sitting aside the seat

*Ahem* not everyone on a.b or the interwebbie is a bloke. Oh, and the
correct wording is 'derriere'.

--
cfsmtb

I bet that's not what you call it.

Old October 19th 05, 07:50 AM
Peter McCallum

cfsmtb wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:

Maybe he was wondering how he is supposed to scratch his arse while
sitting aside the seat

*Ahem* not everyone on a.b or the interwebbie is a bloke. Oh, and the
correct wording is 'derriere'.

Prat! (as in "buttocks" n. : the fleshy part of the human body that you
sit on)

Point taken re gender, although I could have been refering to the
legalese for person: his, he, him (unfortunately I wasn't).

Returns ball to your court. What's the difficulty in scratching
yourself?

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old October 19th 05, 08:10 AM
cfsmtb

Peter McCallum Wrote:

Returns ball to your court. What's the difficulty in scratching
yourself?

I'm left-handed.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 19th 05, 09:26 AM
Jono L

Bleve Wrote:

so you can slipstream a truck

Exactly what I did this morning

--
Jono L

Old October 19th 05, 09:45 AM
MichaelB

I dont need a bell. I have a mouth!

--
MichaelB

Old October 19th 05, 10:00 AM
TimC

On 2005-10-19, Jono L (aka Bruce)

Bleve Wrote:

so you can slipstream a truck

Exactly what I did this morning

But I bet it wasn't at 99.0km/h?

--
TimC
"Meddle not in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle, and will
Old October 19th 05, 10:36 AM
Random Data

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:50:49 +1000, Peter McCallum wrote:

Returns ball to your court. What's the difficulty in scratching
yourself?

I thought she just made it clear she doesn't need to scratch balls?

Dave - who didn't say that, wasn't me

--
Dave Hughes |
Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs

Old October 20th 05, 12:07 AM
ghostgum

cfsmtb Wrote:
For another intrepretation, refer to points 151, 255 from the
much-missed Russell Lindsay:

Rules for cyclists: guidelines and comments from Russell Lindsay of
Vic Police (pdf file: 19 pages)
http://www.whitehorsecyclists.org.au/roadrules.pdf

I found 289 to be interesting. I wasn't aware that it was legal
to ride a bicycle on the nature strip, providing there is no council
by-law. I used that to good effect this morning to pass 200m of
cars that were queued up in the bicycle lane before the traffic
lights.

Perhaps I should erect a sign "no queueing in this bicycle lane
more than 50 metres before the lights". Or perhaps print
a leaflet summarising the road rules about bicycle lanes
and put it under the wiper of each car that I edge past.

--
ghostgum

Old October 20th 05, 04:30 AM
Terry Collins

cfsmtb wrote:
Peter McCallum Wrote:

Maybe he was wondering how he is supposed to scratch his arse while
sitting aside the seat

*Ahem* not everyone on a.b or the interwebbie is a bloke. Oh, and the
correct wording is 'derriere'.

On the continent maybe. {:-)

what is wrong with good anglo?
Old October 22nd 05, 04:11 AM
DD

ghostgum wrote:

Perhaps I should erect a sign "no queueing in this bicycle lane
more than 50 metres before the lights". Or perhaps print
a leaflet summarising the road rules about bicycle lanes
and put it under the wiper of each car that I edge past.

If you are going to do that make it an A3 or larger leaflet to cover the
entire window, then they'll notice and you'll be sure to make a whole
lot of new friends.

Sorry, a question slightly off-topic. In QLD you have signs on the dual
used paths to say that pedestrians have right of way. I have found that
this is taken by pedestrians to mean that they can do what they please
and cyclists don't belong on the path and shouldn't be allowed to pass
them. This isn't the way that it is meant to work, nor does it meet the
guidelines for a functioning DUP or road rules (pedestrians are
'breaking' the law if they walk two a breast on a DUP, even if they have
'right of way').
What solution?