Carbon Fork

Old April 2nd 04, 03:02 PM
D.P.G.

Default Carbon Fork

Anyone ever have any serious failure with a carbon fork with a carbon
steering tube. I just got one and it seems real light. Wondering about
overall safety.

Old April 2nd 04, 03:31 PM
Ronald

Anyone ever have any serious failure with a carbon fork with a
carbon
steering tube. I just got one and it seems real light. Wondering

about
overall safety.

I never heard anyone complain yet, but when it fails you propably have
a hard time talking so who knows?

Old April 2nd 04, 06:08 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article joebc.59742$K91.146799@attbi_s02, 1@1 says...

Anyone ever have any serious failure with a carbon fork with a carbon
steering tube. I just got one and it seems real light. Wondering about
overall safety.

I'd stick with a reputable brand if I was going that route.
-------------
Alex

Old April 2nd 04, 09:18 PM
carlfogel

Alex Rodriguez wrote:
In article joebc.59742$K91.146799@attbi_s02, 1@1 says...

Anyone ever have any serious failure with a carbon fork with a carbon
steering tube. I just got one and it seems real light. Wondering about
overall safety.

I'd stick with a reputable brand if I was going that route.
-------------
Alex

Dear Alex

Are there any lists of disreputable brands

Eagerly

Carl Foge

-

Old April 3rd 04, 03:46 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

DPG- Anyone ever have any serious failure with a carbon fork with a carbon
steering tube. I just got one and it seems real light. Wondering about
overall safety. BRBR

" no such thing as a free lunch"...Light is not as strong as not as light,
other things, like material, being equal. A light carbon fork isn't as strong
as a heavier one.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old April 3rd 04, 03:46 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

carl- Are there any lists of disreputable brands? BRBR

The only one I have seen that has failed was a Corima...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old April 4th 04, 01:28 AM
Bill

Several years ago I had a carbon fork with carbon steerer with "Litespeed"
decal on it. It broke near the crown and luckily I found it doing
maintenance and not riding it. Be careful - not worth the weight in my
opinion.