New (2004) Trek 1200

Old August 9th 03, 06:17 PM
Howard Slomer

Default New (2004) Trek 1200

Does anyone know what was changed from the 2003 to the 2004 Trek 1200 road
bike?

One dealer said they upgraded the rear shifter from the Shimano Tiagra to
the Shimano 105. Another dealer told me they downgraded the front crank from
Shimano to a "downgraded" brand.

Thanks in advance,
Howard

Old August 9th 03, 09:49 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Does anyone know what was changed from the 2003 to the 2004 Trek 1200 road
bike?

One dealer said they upgraded the rear shifter from the Shimano Tiagra to
the Shimano 105. Another dealer told me they downgraded the front crank

from
Shimano to a "downgraded" brand.

Forget the dealer, the info is out there for the public-

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/road/1200.jsp for the 2004 model, and
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2003/road/1200.jsp for the 2003.

You'll find the '04 is less money and has an upgraded rear derailleur. The
cranks are pretty much a wash; the new Bontrager is actually a bit nicer
with an ISIS bottom bracket.

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Old August 10th 03, 01:20 AM
Mark Jones

"Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles" wrote
in message . ..
You'll find the '04 is less money and has an upgraded rear derailleur.

The
cranks are pretty much a wash; the new Bontrager is actually a bit nicer
with an ISIS bottom bracket.

I have a 2002 Trek 1200 and it is fast and smooth on city streets.
This is a great bike for the money.

Trek 1000 vs. 1000C Preston Crawford General 5 August 12th 03 04:49 AM
HYBRIDS: Gary Fisher / Trek / Cannondale - Your Opinions Please RJRider General 1 July 29th 03 10:33 AM
LeMond v. Trek Bob M General 14 July 19th 03 06:42 PM
Info on 1986 Trek 620 Mark Traphagen General 2 July 12th 03 02:59 AM