What is this the rest of the time?

Old June 25th 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default What is this the rest of the time?

I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/
Old June 25th 09, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jon[_5_]

On 25 June, 09:45, wrote:
I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

I imagine the sign goes back to before the kerb was installed, or that
part of the late elsewhere along the road is not segregated by a kerb.

Old June 25th 09, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:45:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

I hate that type of lane. You are completely stuck at the speed of
the slowest, and if you take avoiding action in any direction you hit
a kerb.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old June 25th 09, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jun 25, 12:42*pm, Jon wrote:
On 25 June, 09:45, wrote:

I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

I imagine the sign goes back to before the kerb was installed, or that
part of the late elsewhere along the road is not segregated by a kerb.

As there is a "Westinster in Bloom" sign at the next junction dating
from
1993, you are probably boringly correct in your first guess.

It still amuses me that you could legally drive down there most of the
time
if you really, really wanted to. Not even m/cs actually do though.

Old June 25th 09, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TimB

On Jun 25, 9:45 am, wrote:
I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

www.cyclestreets.net/location/9601/
reveals the truth.
Old June 26th 09, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:
I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

A Rubbish Repository for minipikeys?

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old June 27th 09, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeremy Parker

wrote in message
I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

New York City had "trapped in the trough" cycle tracks like this for
about 10 weeks in the autumn of, I think, 1979 before they were
hastily removed. There the main use was for white van man to
temporarily store packages being picked up or delivered They also
gave tourists a good place to stand, and admire the views, certainly
magnificent, up and down the avenues, while they considered whether
or not to cross the street.

Is London's motorcycle experiment only for bus lanes, or is it being
tried elsewhere as well?

Jeremy Parker

Old June 27th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

wrote:

I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

I hate that type of lane. *You are completely stuck at the speed of
the slowest, and if you take avoiding action in any direction you hit
a kerb.

Right. So when someone's held up on a bike, it's OK for them to
complain, especially when the roadspace has been artificially and
needlessly restricted so that they can't get past. But when someone's
held up in a car, even if it's by an inconsiderate moron who's going
extremely slowly and doing his very best to hold up a long line of
vehicles, any complaint about being held up or any attempt to get past
and the driver is immediately labelled an impatient, irresponsible
child-killing monster who should be thrown in jail.

Once again, this is a case of something being "OK" when a cyclist does
it, but not when a motorist does it, and once again, such
discrimination is the result of a blatant hatred of motorists.
Old June 27th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jun 27, 3:23*pm, "Jeremy Parker"
wrote:

Is London's motorcycle experiment only for bus lanes, or is it being
tried elsewhere as well?

Unfortunately, I think it's only for bus lanes, though allowing them
in cycle lanes would be a good move as well. Still, allowing them
into bus lanes is a good start, and when things are made statistically
safer for cyclists as a result yet the car-haters *still* say they
want motorcycles out of bus lanes, their true motives (and their
pretence that they care about cyclist safety) will be unequivocally
exposed once and for all. Which can only be a good thing for
motorcyclists, motorists, real cycling advocates, and everyone except
the car-haters really.

Big one having a rest in NJ utemplarbond Unicycling 5 March 31st 08 11:07 PM
Rest Day Bob Schwartz Racing 0 May 17th 06 05:08 AM
rbr rest day Ryan Cousineau Racing 11 July 19th 05 06:07 PM
Rest Day Bob Schwartz Racing 1 July 18th 05 11:35 AM
Rest day Bob Schwartz Racing 2 July 12th 05 10:05 AM