he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

Old July 30th 09, 01:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:33:22 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
You might want to read about this guy for a little motivation. Read
his detailed story on his "accidents". Ignore the formality of his
current web site and his apparent success and look at where he came
from and what he accomplished by controlling his focus.

http://www.wmitchell.com/

I hate inspirational stories. People that get a raw deal should be angry
and bitter.
Makes you feel like a real underachiever, doesn't it?

I hate it when the more fortunate try to placate the less fortunate
through various forms of propaganda. Much of life being not fair is due
to greed.

I'm not sure what you're getting at there... unless you are alluding
to how motorists try to kill bikers then hire lawyers to screw you out
of payment for their sins in court.

Dear God, do you really believe that? Get help. Most motorists that
hit cyclists are just simply surprised by some asshat cyclist pulling
some squid move that they didn't expect. I know for my part when I'm
behind the wheel I give the cyclists that I do see a wide berth, and yet
I'm constantly seeing cyclists invent new and creative ways to put
themselves in the path of moving vehicles. Sure, there may be a very
few motorists who would deliberately try to injure a cyclist- but I've
never met one.

This continued "two wheels good, four wheels bad" bull**** has to stop.
Seriously. You sound like a raving lunatic. Cars use roads. Get
used to it.

The easiest way to avoid getting hit by a car (whether on a bike, on
foot, or in another car) is to simply not be an asshat.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old July 30th 09, 01:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
[...]

Well said.

Bill "Still not regretting plonking Clueless" S.

Old July 30th 09, 01:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Nate Nagel wrote:

The easiest way to avoid getting hit by a car (whether on a bike, on
foot, or in another car) is to simply not be an asshat.

Keep riding noob, you'll learn.
Old July 30th 09, 03:09 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Opus" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 5:08 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
snip
I think your brain is functioning just fine. After all, you are keeping
up
with me!

If you can't bicycle anymore, just give it up. There are hundreds of
other
things you can do that you will enjoy. Remember one thing, the bicycle is
fairly modern invention - and folks got along without the bicycle just
fine
for thousands of years. Frankly, if I couldn't bicycle, I would just take
up
walking and never miss the bicycle.

I used to be a spoken word poet, in the 8 years since the wreck I have
done 2 performances and written exactly 3 poems, where before I was
doing 3-6 performances a month (some paid, some just showing off) and
writing as many as 5 poems in a single day, a minimum of 15 poems a
week. I used to be a voice actor, now I sound like Forrest Gump's
stupid brother. I used to make my living by having a confident, but
welcoming voice, telling people how to fix their computers over the
phone. All my transferable skills hinged on being able to communicate
verbally, and now sometimes I can't even talk. Mostly I can't find the
words (aphasia) but sometimes I can think of the word but can't say
it, and I can't find the technical term for that. I don't know that a
technical term for this condition exists.

If all of the above is true, then transfer those skills to writing instead
of speaking. From what I can see, you are a very good writer. Beethoven
became deaf rather young, so he stopped performing and simply composed the
most precious music the world has ever known. Not bad for someone who could
not hear his own music except in his mind!

However I can still ride my bike, I have ridden my Stratus as much as
150 miles in a single day, and now that I have the seat fixed on Gigi
I can ride much further than the 8 miles I was limited to by "seat
issues" before. I have already made several 20 mile jaunts across town
without pain. If I quit cycling the terrorist won, and I refuse to let
that happen.

Walking is another kettle of fish entirely, after about a mile I'm
pretty much done for the day, unless of course I have to get
somewhere. Then I just lean a little more on my cane and keep plugging
until I arrive, but the side effects aren't pretty...

I would work on the walking as much as possible. That is what nature
designed us humans to do. You probably need some physical therapy. Stroke
victims often have the same sort of problems you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 30th 09, 03:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Still Just Me - wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
You might want to read about this guy for a little motivation. Read
his detailed story on his "accidents". Ignore the formality of his
current web site and his apparent success and look at where he came
from and what he accomplished by controlling his focus.
http://www.wmitchell.com/

I hate inspirational stories. People that get a raw deal should be angry
and bitter.

Makes you feel like a real underachiever, doesn't it?

I hate it when the more fortunate try to placate the less fortunate
through various forms of propaganda. Much of life being not fair is due to
greed.

And much of life being not fair is due to nothing at all except being in the
wrong place at the wrong time - or maybe just being born our of your time
and out of your place. Basically, life is unfair. It is important to avoid
bitterness about it. If I can't have what I want in one area of life, I will
simply focus on another area of life where I can. Any other way lies
madness.

Old July 30th 09, 03:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 29, 10:28*am, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jul 29, 4:55*am, Peter Cole wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:

Sorry to hear. The motorist that tried to kill me did it by cutting me
off and stopping in front of me. Fortunately, the fact that they were
stopped allowed them to be identified in the police report. It still
****ed me off just a wee bit that the cop who arrived at the scene
immediately made disparaging remarks about cyclists to the car driver
and refused to put our statements at the scene into the accident
report.

This is the big problem with bike/MV collision statistics, the raw data
is collected by the cops. There was an interesting article I read (can't
find it now) where an analysis was done of collisions in an urban
environment (NYC, I think) and the conclusion was that the "fault"
attributions were mostly reversed. For me, this goes a long way to
explain why "official statistics" in car/bike crashes differ so much
from my personal experience.

My next-door-neighbor's son (19 year old) was recently in a bike/MV
collision -- with a police car. *It was the typical cruiser going
north, bike going south, cruiser takes a left and hits bike. *It
seemed simple as explained to me in my front room, and then the facts
started to layer on: the kid was riding a fixie with no brake after
11:00 PM with no head light. *Cop claims he did not see him, turned
and that the kid hit him. *Kid cited for equipment violations (no
brake, no headlight) -- and a totally retalliatory citation for
reckless driving. *I figure the cops are going on the offensive to
prevent a suit and will sue the kid for property damage. The kid had
some pretty serious injuries and wasn't wearing a helmet. *O.K.,
Frank, Bill, Carl and everyone else -- this is not to say that his
injuries would have been any different, but the cops will find some
way to spin that fact in to a claim that the kid is a reckless
Bohemian on a fixed gear. His right of way was still violated, but he
is going to have a heck of a time getting past the 51% rule in this
state (claim barred if you are more than 50% at fault). The cops
clearly do not love cyclists, and in PDX, our political clout does not
sit well with a lot of people. I'm sure that in police reports, the
benefit of the doubt goes to the car driver.-- Jay Beattie.- Hide quoted text -

I once was rear ended by a police car on a chase... and I was driving
the tiniest car out there... a '72 Honda 2 cyl. 500cc. Well, I was
slightly compensated, but they still produced a "witness" to lessen my
case.

Moral of the story? They are big liars too.
Old July 30th 09, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 29, 12:16*pm, Opus wrote:
On Jul 29, 5:08 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:snip
I think your brain is functioning just fine. After all, you are keeping up
with me!

If you can't bicycle anymore, just give it up. There are hundreds of other
things you can do that you will enjoy. Remember one thing, the bicycle is a
[...]

Keep up the good fight against the TERRORISTS, Opus. They want to rule
by fear, and do so most of the time.

However, if we are not organized, they can still win by killing us one
at a time.
Old July 30th 09, 03:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 29, 6:33*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Still Just Me - wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
You might want to read about this guy for a little motivation. Read
his detailed story on his "accidents". Ignore the formality of his
current web site and his apparent success and look at where he came
from and what he accomplished by controlling his focus.

http://www.wmitchell.com/

I hate inspirational stories. People that get a raw deal should be angry
and bitter.

Makes you feel like a real underachiever, doesn't it?

I hate it when the more fortunate try to placate the less fortunate
through various forms of propaganda. Much of life being not fair is due
to greed.

Exactly, and some places are more GREEDY than others, like the United
Selfish of America being more greedy than Holland.

However, I don't blame it on genetics but on SOCIAL ENGINEERING.
Old July 30th 09, 03:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
[...]

replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel- Hide quoted text -

Stupid PREDATORS always defend the LAW OF THE JUNGLE.

To be expected, right?
Old July 30th 09, 03:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 29, 10:17*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in ...

Still Just Me - wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:47:48 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Still Just Me - wrote:
[...]
[...]

Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

Some also say, "Don't get mad, get even!"

And that can lead to a lot of trouble in the world.