Reynolds in receivership?

Old September 11th 06, 12:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams

Default Reynolds in receivership?

Work took me to Brunswick this afternoon so after my meeting I dropped
in on Hillman's to admire their handiwork. I was looking at some lovely
frames in 853 but I was told that Reynolds has recently gone into
receivership and so their tubing may soon be all gone.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old September 11th 06, 12:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Rory Williams Wrote:
Work took me to Brunswick this afternoon so after my meeting I dropped
in on Hillman's to admire their handiwork. I was looking at some lovely
frames in 853 but I was told that Reynolds has recently gone into
receivership and so their tubing may soon be all gone.

Reynolds seem very much alive & kicking, couldn't find anything on
their site.

However the Australian distributors website seems to be "under
construction"
http://www.britint.com.au/

--
cfsmtb

Old September 11th 06, 01:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams

cfsmtb Wrote:
Reynolds seem very much alive & kicking, couldn't find anything on their
site.

However the Australian distributors website seems to be "under
construction"
http://www.britint.com.au/

They always seem a bit glum when I pop in - disappointed with a world
that gets it's bikes ready made in carboard boxes. I always engage in
conversation about mine which they made in 1983 (531c) and that cheers
him up. ('who's going to be riding a Giant in 20 years time
hrumph......'). Today he seemed positively beaming, but it was a nice
sunny afternoon.

However ,they haven't been able to help me in my search for a French
track hub (Normandy) lock ring. I've tried Hillbrick and Beasley's
with no luck. Harris Brown in the US becons.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old September 11th 06, 09:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

cfsmtb wrote:

However the Australian distributors website seems to be "under
construction"
http://www.britint.com.au/

BIT have recently got out of all their bike stuff.

Parbs

Old September 11th 06, 10:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.b...e2ed3c8a34afbb

Old September 12th 06, 05:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Grazza

"Rory Williams" wrote
in message ...

Work took me to Brunswick this afternoon so after my meeting I dropped
in on Hillman's to admire their handiwork. I was looking at some lovely
frames in 853 but I was told that Reynolds has recently gone into
receivership and so their tubing may soon be all gone.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

I still remember with fondness my beautiful TI time trial bike frame built
from Reynolds 853.
I did some great rides on that.

sigh...I wonder where it is now? I reckon it would make my current
alluminium/carbon bike look sick.

Why oh why didn't I have the foresight to hang on to it?

Graeme

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the
disease." -- Voltaire

Sick and tired of being sick and tired?
www.healthhopeandopportunity.com