Rossin Record '83

Old September 10th 03, 02:37 AM
Shaw News

Default Rossin Record '83

Hmmm..
the pedals are black, and there is some black on the rear derailleur. The
rear derailleur is stamped 83...
Maybe on the brink between the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff.

what is a 3 arm crank? how to identify brake calipers without a variable
quick release?
Can I identify if it is Columbus SL?
the dropouts should identify campy, no?

sorry for the questions, but thanks for all the help.

Cornell

"logarto" wrote in message
m...
"Shaw News" wrote in message

.ca...
Hi all,

does anyone have any infomration about a Rossin Record Road bike (10

Speed)
from 1983. My Girlfriend is trying to decide whether or not to put it

away
(as it is fully campy) or should she use it for her daily rides. It is

very smooth bike, rides really well. Cannot find many details from

Rossin
themselves. Did Campy make their own frames at any time? It is really

nice bike (minus the bike rack that has been currently mounted...
any one knwo what campy set this is? i am guessing a Nuovo Record . but

not
sure. was their any other record series (i know it is not the super

record)

how can I identify?

thanks all

-Cornell

Nuovo will have shiny pedals, no black in either derraileur and brake
levers with no cutouts. Unless the bike was built with components from
after 1983 it can't really be one of the later downmarket "racing"
groups like Victory or Triumph. It could be Gran-Sport which had a
three arm crank as I recall, and brake calipers without a variable
quick release.

The Rossin was a very nice frame, particularly with the fork crown
treatment, as long as hers is Columbus SL it's real close to the best
you could buy back then and should take forever to wear out.
Frameset-wide Campy only made dropouts and the 1010B rear dropout is
one of the least reliable parts-long term and heavy riders, etc.- that
they ever sold.

Old September 11th 03, 02:15 AM
Brian Phillips

It probably is Columbus SL, but it should have a decal to indicate that at
the top of the seat tube unless it's been re-painted. I used to have one,
until I got hit by a truck on it. Mine was circa 1985 I think... It should
have the Rossin name at the top of the seat stays, if I remember
correctly... and the fork on mine had the Rossin "R" etched into the sloping
crown.

"Shaw News" wrote in message
Hmmm..
the pedals are black, and there is some black on the rear derailleur. The
rear derailleur is stamped 83...
Maybe on the brink between the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff.

what is a 3 arm crank? how to identify brake calipers without a variable
quick release?
Can I identify if it is Columbus SL?
the dropouts should identify campy, no?

sorry for the questions, but thanks for all the help.

Cornell

"logarto" wrote in message
m...

Old September 11th 03, 04:39 PM
logarto

Sounds to me like it was fitted with what we used to call "Super
Record Pro" or Super Record without the titanium BB and Pedal
Spindles, ie. the standard NR BB and "superleggera" pedals. This is
what at least 75% of the North American peleton was using at the time.

Then SIS Dura-Ace came along at the end of 1984 and the whole world
started to change very quickly, component wise.

Old September 15th 03, 02:47 AM
Shaw News

After some more research,
found that the bike has Campy Super Record Derailleurs, hubs, crank, and
arms. basically 75-80% Super Record. rest hard to say. I just wish I
could ID the frame....

thanks to all for the help so far,

-C
"logarto" wrote in message