wheel walking update

Old May 11th 05, 05:59 AM
ColDawG

Default wheel walking update

I've been practicing a bunch at my wheel walking, and my big feet are
still hitting each other.
I've decided to skip that and go for 1-foot WW, which feels alot better
( i'm more balanced above the uni and my kicks are better)
i've been doing that with the right foot on the pedal and the left on
the wheel, but i started going across my garage w/ right foot on the
frame and left foot pushing
i can get 3-5 steps, the first of which is assisted, the rest off of the
garage
it feels really good, but i cannot get into this WW from riding or from
a free mount, only against the wall, any tips?
i've tried walking w/ the left foot on the wheel and waiting until the
right foot (on the pedal) reaches the top then putting it on the frame,
but i keep falling

anyways, i'm HOOKED w/ this 1-foot WW business
i did a glide for a few feet in the middle of WWing and it was SOOOOO
cool!!!

does it seem outrageous/dumb/odd to skip 2-foot WW? my main objective is
to be able to glide well, so it seemed an obvious thing to do for me
since 1-foot is easier (for me at least)

--
ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old May 11th 05, 05:10 PM
ColDawG

does anyone find it odd that i skipped normal wheel walking?
is it a bad idea?
is it common, has anyone else done this to get to gliding faster?

Old May 11th 05, 05:12 PM
amanda_and_matt

alick did... i think. i will ask him l8r.

--
amanda_and_matt - amazing unicyclists
amanda_and_matt's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9906

Old May 11th 05, 05:27 PM
forrestunifreak

ColDawG wrote:
*does anyone find it odd that i skipped normal wheel walking?
is it a bad idea?
is it common, has anyone else done this to get to gliding faster? *

If it works,it works.Good for you.

I learened ww first,then 1 footww and at the same time gliding,IMO
gliding was easier to learn than 1fww,I had a hard time with that.

After 3 weeks of 1fww/gliding,Its been months since I normal wwed,I can
barely do it.It seems much harder.(although if I just practiced it it
wouldnt be so hard)

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

Wheel Walking help happysquidman Unicycling 2 April 14th 05 06:54 AM
wheel walking jgherr Unicycling 3 February 27th 05 07:30 AM
Wheel Walking Unitik908 Unicycling 10 December 9th 04 02:56 AM
Spoke 'wind-up' question Dan Daniel Techniques 143 September 3rd 04 06:16 PM
Wheel Walking Question GILD Unicycling 14 April 23rd 04 09:28 PM