Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old September 6th 11, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 5, 10:01*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 5, 8:32 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Most patients will not bother to learn anything at all about their
disease,
so of course you stand out in that respect. But even so, your doctors
would
probably prefer that you leave the practice of medicine to them.
Wrong once more. *When asked how they felt about having an informed

patient, they were not the least bit troubled. *If I got the
impression that a doctor was the least bit insecure an threatened by a
patient being informed, he or show would no longer be my doctor. *My
doctors indicated that they welcomed and preferred informed patients
because then they were able to are able to engage in a productive
discussion concerning state of health and treatment options involving
the patient in the process. *All of this is so elementary and common
sense approach that it should not even come into question.

Doctors prefer not to discuss anything with their patients. All they want is
that the patient follow their instructions and take their advice on
procedures and medications.

In your not so humble opinion stated as fact, you meant to say. My
doctors do not fall into this category. When one encounters a doctor
that is unwilling to discuss matters, that precludes the patient from
taking responsibility for and participating in their own health care.
If that is the kind of doctors you have, then it is time to look
elsewhere.

Well, they pretend to be liberal arts oriented, but they really are not..
All
that ever comes out of Catholic colleges are a lot of students who go on
law and medical schools, neither of which have anything to do with the
liberal arts. When religion informs everything that is studied, then the
liberals arts are dead and buried. Jesuit institutions are notorious for
their ability to indoctrinate.
More errant opinion unsupported by facts or evidence??? *The term

liberal arts refers to a curriculum that imparts general knowledge and
develops the student’s rational thought and intellectual capabilities,
unlike the professional, vocational, and technical curricula
emphasizing specialization. *Contemporary liberal arts comprise
studying literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and
science [also art and music]. *They were all part of my curriculum. *By the
way, not all my teachers were Jesuits. *Loyola employs lay teachers as well,
but I digress. *I feel that I received a very good education regardless of what
you have to say.

Any teacher employed in a Jesuit institution will have to kowtow to the
prevailing philosophy, or at least not go against it. It is possible to take
a liberals arts course and that it not be in the least liberal, most
especially if it is informed and constrained by religion.

More opinion stated as fact. I attended Loyola. You didn't. It is
logical to assume that I am in a better position to judge whether
religion constrained lay teachers or the teaching of liberal arts
courses. I did not encounter any your imagined constraints.

Interesting how you chose to use the term indoctrinate since that

appears to be one of your objectives in newsgroups and you do a mighty
poor job of it I have to say.

My whole philosophy is to create skepticism about everything that is
so-called 'known' under the sun. I leave dissension and consternation in my
wake wherever I go. I am especially death on political correctness. That is
what I do a good job at.

In this exchange, I have presented facts which you have predictably
have countered not with skepticism, but rather with antagonism in the
form of unsubstantiated opinion and conjecture. Why because when it
come to debate that is just the best the you can do. Granted
dissension is your thing but what you leave in your wake is a
dispassionate, unimpressed and disnterested readership, the very
audience whose attention you strive to aim to elicit.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 6th 11, 08:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 10:01 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
My whole philosophy is to create skepticism about everything that is
so-called 'known' under the sun. I leave dissension and consternation in
my
wake wherever I go. I am especially death on political correctness. That
is
what I do a good job at.

In this exchange, I have presented facts which you have predictably

have countered not with skepticism, but rather with antagonism in the
form of unsubstantiated opinion and conjecture. Why because when it
come to debate that is just the best the you can do. Granted
dissension is your thing but what you leave in your wake is a
dispassionate, unimpressed and disnterested readership, the very
audience whose attention you strive to aim to elicit.

All you leave in your wake is terminal boredom. You express nothing but
conventional opinions. Your earnestness is almost childlike. You must be a
trial and a tribulation to everyone around you.

Old September 6th 11, 08:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 10:30 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This would normally get a reply from me since I am a natural born ass
kicker, but I think Jim McNamara does not have my killer instinct. He
proved
that much with the Ed Gin episode on ARBR from some years ago. After all,
he
is married and has two dogs. He is not single and a cat person like you
and
me.

Same old tiresome masticated and regurgitated nonsense from the purvey

of bull****, but that is what I have come to expect form Dolan. Ed
continues to remain is obviously still hung up on Ed Gin. Hardly a
month passes without Ed invoking his name and dredging up the past
where he obviously continues to reside, stuck in a time warp.
Delusional Ed apparently thinks that being single and a cat person is
some kind of elevated stature in life. First off, no woman would ever
put up with the likes of Dolan and and in the second place once again
Ed has his facts wrong. I have had a cat in the past. As far as ass
kicking goes, from behind the safe confines of keyboard and
monitor ... well, there's just not much in it really since not an
ounce of courage is required.

I ass kick with words. I leave it do lesser types to ass kick physically.
There is never any shortage of the latter type whereas there often is a
shortage of the former type.

Women are the most awful bores God ever created. Even a scalawag whiner like
Jim McNamara is more interesting to me. What amazes me is that he somehow
found Ed Gin an interesting person. Will wonders never cease!

Old September 6th 11, 08:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 7:50 pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like
religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college.
Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

I must be the exception then if you mean lysergic acid diethylamide.

If you are referring to campus residence ... lake shore dormitory, I
attended as a commuter.

Nope, you should have ass kicked him as you should have ass kicked Ed Gin.
You clearly lack the killer instinct. I'll be damned if I will defend Loyola
for you although I am tempted.

What Tom Sherman knows about LSD you could put in a thimble with room to
spare.

Old September 6th 11, 10:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
harv

""T°m Sherm@n"" wrote in message ...

On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like
religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

If they drove there last winter they might have spent more time than
anticipated.

__
gotbent

Old September 7th 11, 12:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on �courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

I must be the exception then if you mean lysergic acid diethylamide.
If you are referring to campus residence ... lake shore dormitory, I
attended as a commuter.

Never head south past the Loyola campus on Sheridan Road, then go around
the bend?

Old September 7th 11, 05:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

$southslope.net" *wrote:
On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

I must be the exception then if you mean lysergic acid diethylamide.
If you are referring to campus residence ... lake shore dormitory, I
attended as a commuter.

Never head south past the Loyola campus on Sheridan Road, then go around
the bend?

Loyola has two campuses, actually. Not sure what you are getting at
here, but I'm familiar with much of Sheridan road, having lived near
it and having cycled on much of it as well.

Old September 7th 11, 06:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

Loyola is not in need of defense, yours or mine, It stands on its own
merits. As concerns ass kicking, only those who get completey out of
line require that and you are first in line.

Old September 7th 11, 06:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 6, 2:29*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 5, 10:01 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

My whole philosophy is to create skepticism about everything that is
so-called 'known' under the sun. I leave dissension and consternation in
my
wake wherever I go. I am especially death on political correctness. That
is
what I do a good job at.
In this exchange, I have presented facts which you have predictably

have countered not with skepticism, but *rather with antagonism in the
form of unsubstantiated opinion and conjecture. *Why because when it
come to debate that is just the best the you can do. *Granted
dissension is your thing but what you leave in your wake is a
dispassionate, unimpressed and disinterested readership, the very
audience whose attention you strive to aim to elicit.

All you leave in your wake is terminal boredom. You express nothing but
conventional opinions. Your earnestness is almost childlike. You must be a
trial and a tribulation to everyone around you.

There you go again confusing facts with opinion. I present you with
facts and you reply with conjecture based on unsubstantiated opinion,
and you think that doesn't bore the readers delusional one? At least
I can say that I have others around me unlike you, a friendless
hermit.

Old September 7th 11, 06:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 6, 2:38*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

OK, whatever ... you gutless wonder!

Women are the most awful bores God ever created.

In the opinion of the Minnesota misogynist. What do your hangups have
to do with the subject matter being discussed? Diversion duly noted.

Jim McNamara is more interesting to me. What amazes me is that he somehow
found Ed Gin an interesting person. Will wonders never cease!

You are a purveyor of disinformation ... now that is a wonder that
never ceases. I haven't had anything to do with Ed Gin for over a
decade. You on the other hand, who only encountered the guy only on
the internet ,cannot cease from dredging up his name and forum events
form the past. It is time long overdue for you to let it go. Have
you discussed your obsession with yours with your therapist?

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM