Why don't cyclists learn to use their brakes?

Old November 20th 11, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Default Apology (Was:Why don't motorists learn to use their brakes and not crash into cyclists?)

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:54:20 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:21:17 -0000, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 20, 1:26 pm, Simon Weaseltemper
wrote:
On 20/11/2011 12:56, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:50:03 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

Apparently, he has already been reported about his trolling.

Which appears to have stopped following comments on this group,
which demonstrates that unlike JMS, medjob and cheerless, to name
but three, the responsible party can at least take a hint.

Those three do not take hints, they need the law acting on them.
Which is fine, but it takes time. Often several years from outset
but it is worth it in the end.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.

Which will make the celebratory pints all the more well deserved.
Don't forget to come along to the party when it is announced.

I'll be there.

How will you know where "there" is?

With cheerless it will be Simon's call. With Nuxx I will send the
invites. With JMS I reckon Simon and I will probably go halves.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old November 20th 11, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 12:37:09 +0000, Judith wrote:

sunshine.

It is a real honour to be sunshone by the anthropophagee judith.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 20th 11, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:46:43 +0000, Judith wrote:

You, Simple, and The Porker

The leech, like other annelids, is segmented, but its numerous surface
folds obscure the internal segments.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 20th 11, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:51:12 +0000, Judith wrote:

You talk absolute ****ing ********.

It is a very great honour to be ****ingly bollocked by the anthropophagee
judith.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 20th 11, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:57:23 +0000, Judith wrote:

I think that you are all ****ing barking.

It is a very great honour to be ****ingly barked by the anthropophagee
judith.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 20th 11, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:36:25 +0000, Judith wrote:

Oh really - come on the Porky

In many forms the mouth has three small jaws equipped with sharp teeth.
The digestive tract has lateral pouches that hold enough of the leech's
staple food, blood, to last for months.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 20th 11, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:21:25 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 20, 3:59*pm, Simon Weaseltemper
wrote:

You do not offend cyclists, you offend people. If relatives of the dead
read your vile posts I am pretty damn sure they would be offended. Still
the damage is done now.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.- Hide quoted text -

Why?
Have you reported Cheerless to the authorities and his ISP too?

Not prepared to discuss online.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.- Hide quoted text -

Fair enough - a very wise decision.
Walls have ears and all that.

Indeed they do :-)

--
"You get a real feeling of elation just for the simple act of cycling past the local hospital
where there are people of my age who have abused their bodies and suffered all sorts of ailments"

Simon Mason
Old November 21st 11, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.rec.sheds
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Oh very well done - Porker - may I call you that?

So Simple Simon is to take legal action against Mr Cheerless.
You, Porky Chapman, will take legal action against Nuxx bar.
And Simple Simon Mason and you will take me to court between you.

I think you may be barking.

May I say that I think that you are a ****? Is that what upset you in the
first place?

For the avoidance of doubt : I think that Porky Chapman and Simple Simon Mason
are both ****wits and are not at all bright.

There you go - you may add that to the evidence.

Cross posted to uk.legal and uk.rec.sheds so that they can also see what
****wits you both are

--

Total number of posts to URC from
IP Address:80.254.146.36 over 6 years = 7

Guy Chapman : 5
Lou Knee: 2

Coincidence?
(Guy Chapman Dell Magnet)
Old November 21st 11, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

to be worth at least what you paid for them.- Hide quoted text -

Letter in the post as we say :-)

--
Simon Mason
Old November 21st 11, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dr6092

On Nov 20, 10:01*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
dr6092 wrote:
Sigh. It is likely that being in traffic he would have been doing
15-20mph to begin with. He would have braked to a much lower speed
initially but as the car was also braking it did not get past him.
Since he was given no room, he was unable to steer a trajectory that
could both move him left and shift his balance to his left. At a low
speed, he had no options left.

Strange, when Simon tells us how he can so easily outbrake anything else on
the road.

What he says is true. So long as there is freedom to steer to maintain
balance.

Even if the car was braking it would still be best for the cyclist to keep
on braking and keep his hands on the steering controls.

It would be best if you gained some practical cycling experience
before attempting to give lessons.