1950's style hybrid electric bicycles

Old June 5th 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default 1950's style hybrid electric bicycles

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 6:58:38 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
http://www.designboom.com/technology/luca-agnelli-milano-bici-milan-electric-bicycles-04-18-2016/
http://www.agnellimilanobici.com
1950's retro style hybrid electric bicycle for the 70 year old
nostalgia aficionado, who wants a bicycle with power augmentation,
built onto a sprung mountain bike frame. Kickstand, fenders, big
headlight, chrome, white-wall fat tires, and gas tank are included.
It's everything I wanted in a bicycle when I was 15 years old.

Is that the saddle from the pack of cards?
Old June 5th 17, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 10:26:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
psycho bike

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...icycle+cruiser

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
Old June 5th 17, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 10:28:11 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau
wrote:

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 6:58:38 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
http://www.designboom.com/technology/luca-agnelli-milano-bici-milan-electric-bicycles-04-18-2016/
http://www.agnellimilanobici.com
1950's retro style hybrid electric bicycle for the 70 year old
nostalgia aficionado, who wants a bicycle with power augmentation,
built onto a sprung mountain bike frame. Kickstand, fenders, big
headlight, chrome, white-wall fat tires, and gas tank are included.
It's everything I wanted in a bicycle when I was 15 years old.

Is that the saddle from the pack of cards?

No. It's a genuine Brooks saddle. From the web site:
http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/gallery/luca-agnelli-milano-bici-milan/luca-agnelli-milano-bici-milan-design-week-2016-designboom-gallery13.jpg
and from the Brooks catalog page:
http://www.brooksengland.com/en_us/saddles/b73-1.html

If you're planning to emulate the playing card style, I suggest you
first read "The Emperor's New Clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old June 6th 17, 09:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I ride on a Brooks B73 every day. It is a very fine saddle, though a bit tricky to mount to a modern micro-adjustable post. See
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....60311#msg60311

That fellow missed missed a trick not fitting the Brooks honey-color saddle available in the B73 line.

The brown on my saddle isn't a Brooks color either (their brown is much darker). I made the custom color by buying a Honey saddle and dipping it in neatsfoot oil for 20 minutes.

Andre Jute
Only the best is good enough