whimper

Old September 13th 03, 01:27 PM
Marian Rosenberg

Default whimper

Tomorrow I pamper myself.

The only time I will spend with my ass in the bicycle seat is on the way
to the masseuse, on the way from the masseuse to the fancy resteraunt,
and on the way home from the fancy resteraunt. If I had any clue how to
tell a taxi driver to take me to those places, or which busses ran
there, I wouldn't even be spending that much time on the bike.

Yesterday I bicycled a little more than 32 kilometers.

I know this may not seem like a lot to some (most?) of you. But, it has
only be a few months since I started doing 10 kilometers every day and
when I started 10 km wasn't easy.

Today, I went back to same town, this time properly armed with spare
rolls of film and a skirt (so I could go into temples).

I ended up bicycling 40 kilometers. I also climbed to the top of a
pagoda (and back down). I climbed to the top of a bell tower (and back
down). And I spent two hours wandering around a temple complex.

Even with the painkiller for my bad leg my joints, especially my knees,
hurt.

But, unlike my first 30 kilometer plus ride (a whole 9 days ago) I was
able to get off of the bike at the end of the day. And today I was not
only willing to get back on the bike to go to dinner, I didn't
immediadelately collapse upon entering my room.

-M

Old September 14th 03, 03:56 PM
Marian Rosenberg

Marian Rosenberg wrote:
Tomorrow I pamper myself.

The only time I will spend with my ass in the bicycle seat is on the way
to the masseuse, on the way from the masseuse to the fancy resteraunt,
and on the way home from the fancy resteraunt.

I failed at doing this.

Roundtrip masseuse to resteraunt to home is about 9 klicks. I got home
and despite the amount of caffeinated sugar soda I had with lunch I
zonked for a few hours. When I woke up I dealt with my email for a
while and vowed not to go outside at all due to a grumpy stomach.

Then I remembered that I really wanted to drink coffee tomorrow morning
and still didn't have milk for it. So, I was off on a 2 klick round
trip for running errands. I dropped my stuff off at home, dealt with my
grumpy stomach, and decided that I didn't want to stay in.

15 kilometers later I got back home.

32 on Friday.
40 on Saturday.
26 today.