Business card?

Old September 21st 05, 11:40 PM
Euan

Default Business card?

Wrong kind or word maybe but I reckon we need something. Well I need
something and hopefully others do :-)

I meet a lot of cyclists on my daily commute and, being the shy retiring
type, end up talking to a lot of cyclists. Believe it or not the a.b
crowd is a very very small subset of the cyclists who are out there and
there are a lot of cyclists who are completely unaware of our
existence.

Amazingly there are even some cyclists who have no idea about the issues
facing them and the groups that have / are forming to address these
issues.

Now I don't know about you but I find it pretty difficult to even touch
the tip of the iceberg about what's going on during a light change. A
lot of people have no concept of what Usenet is so blithely saying
``just check out aus.bicycle'' doesn't work too well so I'm thinking
about getting some business cards printed up with starting points.

So what to put on it? Just the links? A bit of info on how to use
Usenet? I guess Cyclingforums would be OK but some posts don't make it
in to a.b from there. I suck at design so any suggestions greatly
appreciated.

Likely suspects so far:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/f181-aus.bicycle.html
http://cfsmtb.blogspot.com/
http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/

And maybe some blurb like ``Grass roots cycling'' or something.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old September 22nd 05, 12:38 AM
flyingdutch

The Vicroads/Gov/BV distributed a fairly good little Bcard at last
year's Ride2Work (altoh you may be 'elsewhere' that day )

refer:
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrne5nav.nsf/v/1CE236C4E56F6D69CA25701B0017BB6D/$file/str%2Dquest.pdf

BoroondaraBUG has one

WoJ should definetely have one. If only they would hurry up and get
that logo and brochure sorted...

--
flyingdutch

Old September 22nd 05, 02:35 AM
Marx SS

Taking a leaf out of the bike couriers, you [we] could print out a
a.b/WoJ/2wheels-Good-4wheels-bad symbol/insignia etc , laminate it &
bung it in between the spokes of your rear wheel.?

--
Marx SS

Old September 22nd 05, 03:27 AM
TimC

On 2005-09-21, Euan (aka Bruce)
Likely suspects so far:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/f181-aus.bicycle.html
http://cfsmtb.blogspot.com/
http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/

And news://aus.bicycle

Type that into a browser, as people will likely do, and it *should*
work, as long as they have followed their ISPs instructions (big if, I
know).

--
TimC
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't

And space is so that it doesn't all happen to you.
-- Matthew L. Martin and John D Salt in ARK
Old September 22nd 05, 03:31 AM
cfsmtb

Euan Wrote:

Likely suspects so far:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/f181-aus.bicycle.html
http://cfsmtb.blogspot.com/
http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/

And maybe some blurb like ``Grass roots cycling'' or something.

Hmmm, hey folks, do you remember the cycling jersey thingo briefly
mentioned before Hippy cleared off O/S?

"aus.bicycle, because you can't ride all of the time"

Hang on, I'll dig up the thread via googlegroups

http://tinyurl.com/9k85c

--
cfsmtb

Old September 22nd 05, 03:37 AM
cfsmtb

flyingdutch Wrote:
WoJ should definetely have one. If only they would hurry up and get that
logo and brochure sorted...

Yeah, um...

NOT LOOKING, OR POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR HERE.

*wanders off whistling*

--
cfsmtb

Old September 22nd 05, 03:38 AM
flyingdutch

cfsmtb Wrote:
Hmmm, hey folks, do you remember the cycling jersey thingo briefly
mentioned before Hippy cleared off O/S?

"aus.bicycle, because you can't ride all of the time"

Hang on, I'll dig up the thread via googlegroups

http://tinyurl.com/9k85c

Hey, I'll have a go at a design soonish. Who's interested?

--
flyingdutch

Old September 22nd 05, 03:54 AM
Resound

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

cfsmtb Wrote:
Hmmm, hey folks, do you remember the cycling jersey thingo briefly
mentioned before Hippy cleared off O/S?

"aus.bicycle, because you can't ride all of the time"

Hang on, I'll dig up the thread via googlegroups

http://tinyurl.com/9k85c

Hey, I'll have a go at a design soonish. Who's interested?

--
flyingdutch

Hmm...do we have any pre-existing designs/criteria that were agreed upon
while I was out of the room?

Old September 22nd 05, 04:05 AM
dave

Resound wrote:
"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

cfsmtb Wrote:

Hmmm, hey folks, do you remember the cycling jersey thingo briefly
mentioned before Hippy cleared off O/S?

"aus.bicycle, because you can't ride all of the time"

Hang on, I'll dig up the thread via googlegroups

http://tinyurl.com/9k85c

Hey, I'll have a go at a design soonish. Who's interested?

--
flyingdutch

Hmm...do we have any pre-existing designs/criteria that were agreed upon
while I was out of the room?

Good question

Ummm how about the symbol of a pair of scales with a bicycle wheel on
one and a 4 WD wheel on the other? No?
Old September 22nd 05, 04:25 AM
flyingdutch

dave Wrote:

Ummm how about the symbol of a pair of scales with a bicycle wheel on
one and a 4 WD wheel on the other? No?

in the pipes. a few of us have 'discussed' this try and get somefing
together for tomorrow night

--
flyingdutch