lickton's gets no more business from me!

Old April 23rd 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
SLAVE of THE STATE

Default lickton's gets no more business from me!

On Apr 22, 6:11*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

*Bob wrote:
On Apr 21, 8:07*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

BTW, Walt is a cry-baby who has nothing better to do than waste his
time and everyone else's time complaining about some gd sub-$10
purchase that went all wrong. *I mean, he could post something
about global warming.

I think Walt's offbase but at least he's on topic. Let's see...
rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.marketplace,
rec.bicycles.soc. Nope, not a word about global warming or any other
allegedly impending climate change. There are plenty of offtopic
threads in these NGs without encouraging more.

LOL. *Although I'd disagree about rec.bikes.soc, as the global warming
discussion might fit in there.

global warming is on topic in .racing.

Once things heat up we'll have the Tour de Greenland. I hear it has
some great cols. Antarctica? Don't get me started!
Old April 23rd 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
ZBicyclist

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

global warming is on topic in .racing.

Once things heat up we'll have the Tour de Greenland. I hear it
has
some great cols. Antarctica? Don't get me started!

Bicycle tourists in Greenland:
http://www.mountainbike-expedition-t...greenland.html

--
Mike Kruger
"You have to be careful if you are reckless." - Richard M. Daley

Old April 23rd 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Donald Munro

ZBicyclist wrote:
Bicycle tourists in Greenland:
http://www.mountainbike-expedition-t...greenland.html

Where else can you descend into a glacier.

Old April 24th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
DennisTheBald

Only $6.00 for shipping, and I get to keep the box? Man, I'm gonna
start shopping licktons for all my mail order bike thingies, you
bet.
Of course I think I'll be doing mostly window shopping on-line and my
actual purchasing at the LBS, which may sound backwards to a lot of
you but it seems to work for me.

Old April 25th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"SLAVE of THE STATE" wrote in message

He doesn't have to do business with them for any reason or for no
reason.

-----

curious reaction only because he has been performing these
activities all along without warrant and now finally have reason to
be ashamed now they outed him

mk5000

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to
start."
- John Bingham (No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running)
-------------------

Old April 25th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Bill Sornson" wrote: (clip) that old malt liquor ad calling it a
"completely unique"
experience (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the same category: "In order to form a *more perfect* union."

A few of my favorites: "I have a friend of mine." "I own my own home."
"hot water heater,"

I haven't heard or reacted to the last two
THe first makes me crazy ballistic

I someetimes say gosh he can't be a really close friend or you would have
said my friend

they don't usually get it

sometimes, I ask them what field of mining they are in

mk5000

"She still said nothing and I purposely did not look at her because I did
not wish either to press her or to embarrass her. I was in love with her,
and my heart went out to her as she tried to fathom her own feelings. I felt
like saying: Don't bother to explain, darling. I know it all"
- John Bingham (Five Roundabouts to Heaven)

Old April 25th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:

[snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]

Tell ya what, Walter, go get me a shiney sharp object from your
kitchen drawer.

I recommend a grapefruit knife.

I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

Heck, I'll trade a wood-handled paring knife for a
wood-handled grapefruit knife.

I've temporarily settled for a lumpy, plastic-handled
doomajigger from that up-market kitchen shop in
Oakridge Mall.

Oh, well. The dollar stores are rife with grapefruit
/spoons/, which are the cat's pajamas for grapefruit
afficionados. They also purvey long-handled soda/float
spoons, which can be quite useful.

Actually, I'm not griping. My quest for the Perfect
Grapefruit Knife is largely an excuse to ride & explore.
Same as my quest for the Perfect Teapot. I like headin'
out with at least a goal, if not a definite destination.
I enjoy prospectin'.

Perhaps if Walter had ridden around in search of his
Campy lockring from a bricks-&-mortar shop, he'd be
a lot happier.

What's so special about a /Campy/ lockring anyways?
(I'm assuming bottom bracket, not headset.)

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 25th 08, 10:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Donald Munro

Tom Keats wrote:
What's so special about a /Campy/ lockring anyways? (I'm assuming bottom
bracket, not headset.)

Cassette presumably ?
Old April 25th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:

[snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]

Tell ya what, Walter, go get me a shiney sharp object from your
kitchen drawer.

I recommend a grapefruit knife.

I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

"http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH-573815&Click=8779"

$34.93 for 12 of them.
Old April 25th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Carl Sundquist

"SMS" wrote in message
t...
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:

[snip Walter's anti-Lickman's rant]

Tell ya what, Walter, go get me a shiney sharp object from your
kitchen drawer.

I recommend a grapefruit knife.

I've ridden all over town in my quest for the Perfect
Grapefruit Knife. I want an old-style one, with
wooden scales + brass rivets on the handle, like an
old-style paring knife (of which I have plenty.)

"http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BH-573815&Click=8779"

$34.93 for 12 of them.

How much is shipping?