Broken ergo lever paddle

Old March 13th 09, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

Default Broken ergo lever paddle

The lever behind the brake lever on my Mirage ergos has snapped :-( So I'm
stuck in middle ring until I can get something sorted.

Anybody got a spare/bust left hand ergo lever? (bust is fine as long as it's
not the big flappy gear lever :-) )

Old March 13th 09, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
A.Lee

Clive George wrote:

The lever behind the brake lever on my Mirage ergos has snapped :-( So I'm
stuck in middle ring until I can get something sorted.

Anybody got a spare/bust left hand ergo lever? (bust is fine as long as it's
not the big flappy gear lever :-) )

Dead easy to repair your existing lever.
Take it off, with cable if need be, if you need to use the bike, then
set your deraileur with the limit screws to keep it on the ring you
want.

Take the lever apart, and see which spring has broken. Probably best to
change all the springs when you take it apart, costs you around £30. I'm
not sure who keeps the parts in now, it used to be Mercian in Derby, but
I think someone else now keeps the best range, they are also in Derby
from what I remember. A Google should point you the right way.

See the diagram, and info he
http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo1.html

Really easy, if a little fiddly.
Alan.

Old March 13th 09, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"A.Lee" wrote in message
.. .
Clive George wrote:

The lever behind the brake lever on my Mirage ergos has snapped :-( So
I'm
stuck in middle ring until I can get something sorted.

Anybody got a spare/bust left hand ergo lever? (bust is fine as long as
it's
not the big flappy gear lever :-) )

Dead easy to repair your existing lever.

That's what I'm hoping :-)

Take the lever apart, and see which spring has broken.

Springs are still fine - it's the actual lever which has snapped. 27 quid
for a replacement :-(

Really easy, if a little fiddly.

Thanks for the encouragement. Part of the idea of getting a spare bust one
was to have one to practice on first.

Old March 13th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

A.Lee wrote:

Clive George wrote:

[...]

The Campy site has all the spare part info.

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/doc/doccatid_3.jsp

I think the page you want is in here
http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...spares06_A.pdf

Bust campag ergo lever Clive George Techniques 5 March 13th 09 01:53 PM
Campy ergo lever body Alex Techniques 3 April 20th 07 08:44 PM
Ergo Lever Help Barry Croker Techniques 4 March 9th 06 10:15 PM
WTB: Left Campy Ergo Lever -- Broken OK!! Jack Marketplace 3 December 15th 05 05:31 AM
WTB: left Ergo Lever dfcas Marketplace 1 February 13th 05 06:50 AM