SFGate stirs the pot with "Hayward cyclist"

Old October 17th 12, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Jym Dyer

Default SFGate stirs the pot with "Hayward cyclist"

[Also Posted to ebbc-talk and sfbike]

=v= I'd say this is a new low. The _San_Francisco_Chronicle_
milked an extremely rare bike/ped death for six weeks. Long
after they'd run out of facts, they published speculations,
but eventually they ran out of stuff to make people angry
about bicyclists.

=v= Here's what they ran yesterday:

Hayward cyclist hits, kills pedestrian:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...edestrian-394\
7749.php

If you follow the link, the story is about a MOTORcyclist.
Never before in my life have I seen "cyclist" to mean somebody
on a motorcycle. (I've certainly seen "biker" for bicyclist,
but that's entirely different.)
_Jym_
Old October 21st 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Don Freeman[_2_]

On 10/16/2012 11:20 PM, Jym Dyer wrote:
[Also Posted to ebbc-talk and sfbike]

=v= I'd say this is a new low. The _San_Francisco_Chronicle_
milked an extremely rare bike/ped death for six weeks. Long
after they'd run out of facts, they published speculations,
but eventually they ran out of stuff to make people angry
about bicyclists.

=v= Here's what they ran yesterday:

Hayward cyclist hits, kills pedestrian:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...edestrian-394\
7749.php

If you follow the link, the story is about a MOTORcyclist.
Never before in my life have I seen "cyclist" to mean somebody
on a motorcycle. (I've certainly seen "biker" for bicyclist,
but that's entirely different.)
_Jym_

It sells newspapers (and drives web clicks) so who cares if it is true?

Unfortunately that seems to be the motto of not only the Chronicle but a
sizable number of the other local news outlets. And nothing seems to
aggravate readers (outside of politics) more then an article about "bad"
bicycle riders. I see the same mentality over here in the East Bay with
the Contra Costa Times. We appear to threaten a few but very vocal
cagers for some reason.

--
__
(oO) www.cosmoslair.com
Old October 21st 12, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Jonz

On 10/20/2012 4:36 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
We appear to threaten a few but very vocal
cagers for some reason.

Your last sentence needs to be slightly revised:

We appear to threaten quite a few including very vocal cagers for some
reason.

And if you haven't figured out the reasons by now, you are either
delusional, retarded or both.

Jonz
Old October 22nd 12, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Don Freeman[_2_]

On 10/20/2012 6:24 PM, Jonz wrote:
On 10/20/2012 4:36 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
We appear to threaten a few but very vocal
cagers for some reason.

Your last sentence needs to be slightly revised:

We appear to threaten quite a few including very vocal cagers for some
reason.

And if you haven't figured out the reasons by now, you are either
delusional, retarded or both.

Jonz

How ironic, Jonz calling anyone else retarded.

--
__