News from the Armstrong Family

Old September 5th 03, 03:59 AM
Golightly F.

Default News from the Armstrong Family

:: News from the Armstrong Family

9/4 ~ Lance and Kristin Armstrong announced today that they have decided to
end their 5 year marriage. "We're truly committed to maintaining a good
relationship, but not a marriage," Lance said in an article in the
Austin-American Statesman. "The craziest thing is, we're closer now and
better friends than ever before." "It's an unfortunate situation," Kristin
added. "We are making the best of it for the sake of our kids." While truly
appreciative of the support they have received, the Armstrong's do request
everyone to respect their family privacy in this matter.

fwiw

Old September 5th 03, 08:39 PM
Roadside Artist

But the important part is, she gets to keep all his stuff.

Old September 6th 03, 12:39 AM
Slider2699

"MisNomer" wrote in message
Thats the trouble with human heros, eventually they are all too human to

be
heros. I bet you have more than a few good qualities that you can offer
someone.

take care
Liz

Hasn't been the case so far.

Old September 6th 03, 01:40 AM
Mike Kruger

As a single man, and a Lance fan, this doesn't fill me with hope. If Lance
can't keep a woman happy, with all he has to offer, then what chance on
Earth do I have? Kinda bummed that one of my heroes has to go through

this.

All he has to offer?
Remember, there tends to be a certain driven narcissism in someone who is a
big star (in any field).
It helps to be driven and self-centered to get to the top.
Once he is on top, his ego tends to get a variety of stroking from people
who seek something from you.
At "work", everything revolves around him -- be it sports star, CEO, or
surgeon, for example.
At "home", particularly in a home with young children, things aren't quite
this way.

Flip it around. Would you REALLY rather be married to, say, Madonna, or
would you rather be married to someone with the stereotypical personality of
a nurse, or a teacher?

Mike Kruger
(married a teacher myself -- many years ago)

Old September 6th 03, 01:54 AM
Slider2699

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

I understand that, but Lance has always seemed to be a pretty decent person,
especially since his cancer. There's no guarantee that someone who is a
nurse, or a teacher isn't going to be a control freak. There's also every
possibility that someone who's made it to the top can retain humility. It
sucks, that's all. The man can beat cancer and win the Tour 5 times, but a
successful marriage escapes him. I think that says a lot.

Old September 6th 03, 02:12 AM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:53:14 +0000, Preston Crawford wrote:

I seem to remember in his book he left someone who went through part of
his cancer oddysey with him. Not very good at relationships, apparantly.
Great cyclist. Heroic comeback, but not exactly faithful.

Why are you presuming that he was unfaithful? Relationships are difficult
under the best of circumstances.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | This is my religion. There is no need for temples; no need for
_`\(,_ | complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our
(_)/ (_) | temple. The philosophy is kindness. --The Dalai Lama

Old September 6th 03, 06:25 AM
Kenny Lee

Would be interesting to know what the real reason for the breakup is.

Kenny Lee

Old September 6th 03, 03:02 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:25:02 +0800, Kenny Lee
wrote:

Would be interesting to know what the real reason for the breakup is.

No, it wouldn't.
Old September 6th 03, 03:57 PM
James Messick

s.com...
wrote:

Would be interesting to know what the real reason for the breakup is.

No, it wouldn't.

Of course it would, silly. Human nature, and all.