How to fall, like a PRO!

Old June 28th 05, 01:24 AM
Catboy

Default How to fall, like a PRO!

Are you afraid of going big because the falls could be treacherous? Do
you fall and get hurt? Well, today I'll show you how to acheive falls
from a nearly 1meter sidehop and completely eat s***. It's easy, and
soon you'll be hopping like this without fear in no time:
[image: http://img223.echo.cx/img223/3206/al...emeter5jd.jpg]

I've made a simple diagram to explain how it's done.

Step1: After reaching the peak of your highop(in this case, nearly 85cm)
be relaxed and prepared, Don't tighten up or you could hurt yourself.

Step 2: Begin decent and let your body relax into a natural position
holding, on, while allowing your feet to move freely.

Step 3: Just before the tire touches shove your back foo between the
frame and your crenk, while pushing down with your front foot, jamming
your back foot into a position where it can't move.

(Diagram)
[image: http://img292.echo.cx/img292/6127/16fall2xw.jpg]

Step 4: Fall backwards because your foot is stuck.

Step 5: Realise you arent wearing a hemot, unstead, an Interpol hat, and
let your skull rebound.

Step 6: Flail your legs and let the uni nail you in the crotch.

If you do these properly, you can end up witht he unicycle flipping
wildy about, or having your body do the same:
[image: http://img160.echo.cx/img160/769/dooga8il.jpg]

I hope you've enjoyed this presentation of "How to fall, like a PRO!"

All stuntwork, unicycle riding was doen by: Catboy

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

Old June 28th 05, 01:40 AM
kapoute

cool thats a stylish fall

good job!

--
kapoute - Street/Trial unicyclist

« Don't try it, do it » - Yoda

Julien Renaud

kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old June 28th 05, 01:46 AM
leeman180

Thanks for the tips! I try that next time.

--
leeman180 - i should be out riding

'My Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff) - last
updated 5/20/05
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old June 28th 05, 01:52 AM
harper

Hey, Catboy, I don't remember ever seeing you fall at Cali MUni weekend
last year. Why start now?

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt. We
fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were
no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to
blame but us. Remember accidents? " -David "GILD" Walters

Old June 28th 05, 02:08 AM
Schmidty563

thats a funny post

--
Schmidty563 - fearless unicyclist

dude, unicycling is awesome
Schmidty563's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9867

Old June 28th 05, 05:41 AM
Catboy

harper wrote:
*Hey, Catboy, I don't remember ever seeing you fall at Cali MUni
weekend last year. Why start now? *

Well, I do love the taste of dirt, but nothing quenches my thirst like a
good noggin crackin'.

Old June 28th 05, 06:53 AM
ColDawG

how'd u flip after falling?
was it a front flip? looks like it

cool stufff, i thought u were serious for a second.. haha

--
ColDawG - Your friendly, neighborhood MuniMan

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-G. Dubya
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old June 28th 05, 08:11 AM
munimanpete

haha nice
Good advice and style. I've not really tried that much, but from what I
have jumping on a unicycle on a trampoline is hard.

--
munimanpete - the unicycling kiwi

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

Old June 28th 05, 08:19 AM
mango

You look like a cat in the last picture. Nice post, man!

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old June 28th 05, 08:25 AM
Catboy

ColDawG wrote:
*how'd u flip after falling?
was it a front flip? looks like it

cool stufff, i thought u were serious for a second.. haha *

It's a backflip, off the uni, the uni got kicked forwards and out of the
way.

I am serious!!!

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

I like my women like I like I like my programming... Logical? No. C++

Cycling quotation Paul Turner General 62 October 5th 05 05:50 PM
Hiker Dies after a 50-Foot Fall in Md. Chris Foster Social Issues 0 August 4th 05 03:05 PM
RR Fall on the water small change Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 04 04:10 AM
Lance's fall season..........??? Charles Hizark Racing 12 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Lance's fall season Heinz Getzler Racing 4 July 31st 03 03:42 PM