Lazy promoters?

Old August 24th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Lazy promoters?

What is with promoters not submitting results to USA Cycling?! Of the
over twenty times I have raced this year, two of the races have
submitted results to USA Cycling.

Seriously, WTF.

MGA Proving Grounds Superweek Road Race hasn't submitted a result at
all in all the records on the USA Cycling webpage, which goes back to
1999.

Isn't this required? Who is at fault in this? Are people so sick of the
task of promoting the race that as soon as it is over they need a
break, and then never get back to it?

Old August 24th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
alan_atwood

As one who does results for many races in New York and New England, I
submit the races that I work to USAC every time. It is a chore though,
although I would have to think a while before I could come up with a
better solution. The rebate program that a previous poster metioned is
long gone, and I don't know of any requirement that exists to do it at
this time.

New England has their own rankings system which seems to be working
pretty well with everyone in the region, so I'm sure most of them don't
care about submitting again to USAC.

Alan

yeahyeah wrote:
wrote:
What is with promoters not submitting results to USA Cycling?! Of the
over twenty times I have raced this year, two of the races have
submitted results to USA Cycling.

Seriously, WTF.

MGA Proving Grounds Superweek Road Race hasn't submitted a result at
all in all the records on the USA Cycling webpage, which goes back to
1999.

Isn't this required? Who is at fault in this? Are people so sick of the
task of promoting the race that as soon as it is over they need a
break, and then never get back to it?

I always wonder why results don't get sent in, since the club is
supposed to get $1 per registered rider back when they submit results.
Submitting results is supposed to be mandatory, but I can't see how
they'd enforce it. What would they do, refuse to give the promoter
another permit? We wouldn't have any races in this country!

It's not that hard to do the results - all it takes is Excel and some
copy-pasting. I think that once the race is over, promoters are so
exhausted that they just don't want to be bothered.

Old August 24th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:15:45 +1000, vcsparky
wrote:

Wrote:
What is with promoters not submitting results to USA Cycling?! Of the
over twenty times I have raced this year, two of the races have
submitted results to USA Cycling.

Seriously, WTF.

MGA Proving Grounds Superweek Road Race hasn't submitted a result at
all in all the records on the USA Cycling webpage, which goes back to
1999.

Isn't this required? Who is at fault in this? Are people so sick of
the
task of promoting the race that as soon as it is over they need a
break, and then never get back to it?Are you worried about your cat 4 national ranking or something? Who

cares?

A: learn how to post.

B: some of us compete at a level where it does matter. Hell, even for those of
us who don't, it'd be nice to have the rankings to move up a category, huh.

Ron

Old August 24th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yeahyeah

alan_atwood wrote:
As one who does results for many races in New York and New England, I
submit the races that I work to USAC every time. It is a chore though,
although I would have to think a while before I could come up with a
better solution. The rebate program that a previous poster metioned is
long gone, and I don't know of any requirement that exists to do it at
this time.

New England has their own rankings system which seems to be working
pretty well with everyone in the region, so I'm sure most of them don't
care about submitting again to USAC.

The rebate may be gone, but the requirement exists. You have to sign
this agreement to get a permit (although the phrase "action /may/ be
taken" gives a bit of wiggle room):

USAC and event promoters agree on a process that each will follow for
events that are to become part of the USAC Results and Rankings
Program. The objective of this agreement is to identify the
responsibilities each of us has in keeping the integrity of the
rankings program accurate and a value to members at all levels of
ability.

Event Promoters

* Agree to submit race results in the 21 days following the
conclusion of the event.
* Recognize that should a promoter not live up to this agreement,
action may be taken by USAC on future sanctioning of events.

USAC

* Will continue to commit itself to the goal of maintaining an
athlete ranking program that distinguishes its value to all of its
constituencies.
* Will calculate the rankings on a daily basis.
* Will provide members with access to their ranking on the USAC web
site. Riders will be able to compare themselves with other riders on a
national level, state level and even by their own zip code.

This agreement is established to serve the USAC membership. USAC, along
with our promoters, recognizes the need to continually increase
participation and strengthen our sport.

I agree to the conditions listed in the USAC and Promoter Results and
Rankings Agreement. I agree to follow the USAC approved format using
Excel or any other comma delimited file and submit it directly to the
web site or to . I understand that results need
to be submitted within 21 business days after the close of the event.

Old August 24th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yeahyeah

actually, correcting myself, it doesn't seem that this rankings
agreement has anything to do with permitting. Can you tell I've never
actually had to get the permit for an event?

Perhaps if USAC *did* tie the rankings agreement to the permit, you'd
see more results in the USAC database. Right now, I bet
cyclingnews.com has a better record of race results than USAC.

not tactics just lazy Bounty Bob Racing 18 July 22nd 06 05:36 PM
RR: Lazy Sunday morning ride SuzieB Australia 4 November 7th 05 01:35 AM
Gears making me lazy? EuanB Australia 17 August 18th 05 04:10 AM
Do you ever get lazy? B.B. Techniques 34 January 5th 05 08:47 PM
Sick, Lame and Lazy GILD Unicycling 9 September 10th 03 09:42 AM