Flat Discussion Thread

Old December 29th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Default Flat Discussion Thread

hungry4uni;1159828 wrote:
I hop about 10-20 times before I attempt to seatwrap (the only 'flat'
trick I can do) thus, I rarely ever land one. Does anyone have tips on
how to get your balance before you begin your trick? Advice on how to
cut down pre-hops?

This sounds a bit rediculous, but its what works for me. I try to
catch myself off guard with the trick. I go when I don't feel balanced,
and I get the trick about half of the' time that way.. If I wait untill
I feel completely balanced, then I usually dont do it at all, because I
feel like the slightest movement will throw me off balance. It sounds
strange, but it works!

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

')-Crankflip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgdzTx7qEg)

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old December 30th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jon Atwell

agentQ;1160247 wrote:
How thick are the sides of the them? I tried on a couple pairs of Nikes
and thought they were a bit to thin.

the sides are good. my favorite thing about them is the bottom. the
rubber is really strong and hold up for a long time.

http://tinyurl.com/a6kd96

the above link is the kind of nike bottom that i have never tried so i
dont know how good they are.

http://tinyurl.com/6uolvg

these are the shoes ive been riding. the bottom of these are amazing.

and if ur looking for steeze these are it -
http://tinyurl.com/8lb28e

haha those are my everyday shoes

--
Jon Atwell
Old December 30th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Jon Atwell;1160240 wrote:
nike 6.0's best shoe ive ever worn

Nike Sb ftw.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old January 7th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

how does the flat competition at NAUCC work? is there different rounds,
or do you just go once and the judges pick the best? flat battles?

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 7th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

EliB;1166172 wrote:
how does the flat competition at NAUCC work? is there different rounds,
or do you just go once and the judges pick the best? flat battles?

Unless something changes, you just go up and do your run.... like a
freestyle performance, with clapping from the crowd, if your do
something cool, or even something simple as (I am guessing clapping is
tradition in freestyle?)

I vote for Battle tho. I dont think Flat should be judged like
freestyle, and Battle seems like the best way to play out a Flat comp.

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old January 7th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

agentQ;1166218 wrote:
Unless something changes, you just go up and do your run.... like a
freestyle performance. Expect clapping from the crowd if you do
something cool, or even something simple... (I am guessing clapping is
tradition in freestyle?)

I vote for Battle tho. I dont think Flat should be judged like
freestyle, and Battle seems like the best way to play out a Flat comp.

yeah, battles would be sick. I would like that so much better than a
'routine'... I noticed that people clap, even when the trick is really
easy, that could kinda throw me off.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 7th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Game of horse would be pretty fun too.

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old January 7th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

agentQ;1166225 wrote:
Game of horse would be pretty fun too.

Yeah, that's really fun with street tricks

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 7th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

I think it changed:

From: http://www.e-u-c.info/en/info

Flatland rules: some weeks before the new IUF Flatland rules 2009 pass
the rulebook committee and so we want to use them at the flatland
competition while EUC winter edition 2009. Now the battle style is also
a part of the IUF rules, you can find them here as 'PDF document'
(http://tinyurl.com/9tohna). We hope you like ther new set of rules and
the judging system, feel free to ask for additional information about
the rules. If all riders know about the rules we will save a lot of time
in the compatition and knowing about the judging rules helps a lot to
prepare the qualifikation run. As we have a lot of riders taking part in
the flat competition we decide to do 1:30 minutes qualifications.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old January 7th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

awesome. Thanks for the good news.

--
agentQ