Laura Trott - reckless cyclists give us all a bad name

Old September 27th 13, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Laura Trott - reckless cyclists give us all a bad name

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 23:45:44 +0100, brianrob1961 wrote:

On 01/09/2013 11:17, Judith wrote:
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 21:25:08 +0100, brianrob1961 wrote:

snip

Don't repeat your arse wipe's posting. Neither of you believe a word
that she has said anyway.

kill-file broken?

Look, let's settle this. Can you point me in the direction of any post
where I have mention your name in relation to a killfile? Or are you a
neurotic transvestite ****?

Oh dear.

Old October 13th 13, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

"John Benn" writes:

When she used to live near here, she didn't appear to ever ride on
public roads outside London. Now she seems to be admitting to not
riding on public roads in London, either---but has apparently seen
some London cyclists, presumably from the window of a motor car and
is therefore an instant expert...

How do you become an expert on errant cyclists in London?

I don't. If you want to know how Laura Trott does it, then you'll have
to ask her.

--
Mark
Old October 14th 13, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Mark Williams" ] wrote in message
. ..
"John Benn" writes:

When she used to live near here, she didn't appear to ever ride on
public roads outside London. Now she seems to be admitting to not
riding on public roads in London, either---but has apparently seen
some London cyclists, presumably from the window of a motor car and
is therefore an instant expert...

How do you become an expert on errant cyclists in London?

I don't. If you want to know how Laura Trott does it, then you'll have
to ask her.

Why are you replying to me? I had thought you only ever replied to people
you agreed with.

Old October 14th 13, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:58:12 +0100, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Accidents were 'not always the car's fault'. She also called for safety
helmets to be compulsory for all riders:

The double Olympic champion Laura Trott has accused cyclists of being
reckless and causing accidents by failing to obey the rules of the road.

The cycling gold medallist said she was shocked by how many rogue riders
jumped red lights and weaved dangerously through traffic - and added that
accidents were "not always the car's fault".

She also called for safety helmets to be compulsory for all riders as she
spoke of how her sister, also a professional cyclist, had survived being
knocked off her bike by wearing one.

Trott said: "Cyclists wonder why they get a bad name. I see cyclists jumping
in and out of the buses and people wonder why they get hit. It's not always
the car's fault. Cyclists need to help themselves and should not jump red
lights.

No, people need to stop getting worked up about nothing. It's a few bumps here and there, not a ****ing nuclear holocaust.

--
Carpe Foxum: Seize the Babe.
Old October 25th 13, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

"John Benn" writes:

I don't. If you want to know how Laura Trott does it, then you'll
have to ask her.

Why are you replying to me? I had thought you only ever replied to
people you agreed with.

You `thought' wrong (with apologies to JNugent). This is Usenet.

--
Mark
Old October 25th 13, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"John Benn" writes:

I don't. If you want to know how Laura Trott does it, then you'll
have to ask her.

Why are you replying to me? I had thought you only ever replied to
people you agreed with.

You `thought' wrong (with apologies to JNugent). This is Usenet.

Bravo, so you do interact with normal people. Well done. It's the first
step to recovery. Step 2 is reading and understanding the Highway Code.

Old October 25th 13, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 24/09/2013 21:59, John Benn wrote:
"Mark Williams" ] wrote in message
. ..
Andy Watson writes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8792254.html

Dearie-me. Are car drivers getting so desperate that the 'wisdom' of
a girl who's barely out of childhood, is now being touted as some sort
of authority?

When she used to live near here, she didn't appear to ever ride on
public roads outside London. Now she seems to be admitting to not
riding on public roads in London, either---but has apparently seen some
London cyclists, presumably from the window of a motor car and is
therefore an instant expert...

How do you become an expert on errant cyclists in London?

I can answer that, you are a pedestrian (especially near Waterloo).

Hammer v Trott atriage[_6_] Racing 0 August 7th 12 11:15 AM
Reckless cyclists causing trouble in Catford Mr Benn[_5_] UK 6 March 10th 12 04:41 AM
Give me inertia or give me death (what the heck, give me both...) Ralph Barone Techniques 5 January 28th 08 02:25 AM
Cars give way for cyclists in Manchester Mark Thompson UK 1 January 29th 07 03:21 PM
Give Cyclists Room Padbeat UK 55 June 21st 06 09:06 AM