It has to be said

Old October 29th 13, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default It has to be said

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 20:49:18 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 28/10/2013 17:55, John Benn wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
On 27/10/2013 17:33, John Benn wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message

Filtering is generally tolerated,
but needs to be done cautiously and doesn't require other road users
to "make way" for the filterer (although some deliberate blocking is
plain childishness on the part of drivers

It is no better or worse than cyclists deliberately blocking drivers
"taking the lane".

In my opinion, drivers blocking cyclists wishing to filter and
cyclists blocking drivers to try prevent them passing are both
inconsiderate and unacceptable practices on the road.

How can a driver block a cyclist wishing to filter?

he'd have to be able to expand the width of his vehicle.

No, just reduce the gap between the vehicle and the curb or vehicle and
an adjacent vehicle.

He can't do that on both sides simultaneously. And he's *supposed* to
keep left in any case.

So why do many bicyclists still try to slip through on the left?
Old October 29th 13, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, 28 October 2013 17:55:57 UTC, John Benn wrote:

No, just reduce the gap between the vehicle and the curb or vehicle and an
adjacent vehicle.

curb?

Old October 29th 13, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

[...]

I don't know for certain, though I suspect it might be something to do
with so-called "bike-lanes" (ie, the nearside of the carriageway).

Old October 30th 13, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

[...]

I see many bicyclists try to do it when there are no obvious bike lanes.
Old November 4th 13, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:22:38 +0000, Rob Morley wrote:

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:10:29 +0000
Phil W Lee wrote:

Brian Robertson considered Thu, 24 Oct 2013
14:57:34 +0100 the perfect time to write:

Some cyclists really don't do themselves any favours. I mean, what a
TOSSER!

Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvNLXr_Rfk

You mean the one that gave the Addison Lee bully some verbal?
After the bully deliberately blocked their route with his private hire
minibus, without any benefit to himself at all?

He pulled over when he did because the road dictated that. I imagine
he stopped where he did so he could converse with the cyclist. If the
idiot cyclist had left a safe distance between himself and the bus he
would have seen that the road narrowed and been able to pass around the
other side of the people carrier. Filtering is generally tolerated,
but needs to be done cautiously and doesn't require other road users to
"make way" for the filterer (although some deliberate blocking is plain
childishness on the part of drivers, I don't think that was the case
here).

Anyone notice how many cyclists posting here do not think that the cyclist's
action were acceptable - unless you are called Anchor Lee of course.

Old November 7th 13, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

[...]

That is true

I would like to see "filtering" down the left of vehicles banned. Most
cyclists don't appreciate how dangerous it may be. If they want to overtake,
then they should just do that *over*take.
Old November 7th 13, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 18:09:27 -0000, "John Benn"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Monday, 28 October 2013 17:55:57 UTC, John Benn wrote:

No, just reduce the gap between the vehicle and the curb or vehicle and
an
adjacent vehicle.

curb?

Sorry, kerb.

You were quite correct the first time
Old November 7th 13, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 02:38:19 +0000, Phil W Lee wrote:

snip

Filtering is generally tolerated,

But not by private hire vehicles in London.

Do you still do "filtering" in Cafe Nero these days?

More milk please.