Just what is it about lycra?!?

Old November 22nd 06, 06:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Default Just what is it about lycra?!?

Read the title above, ok, what's the deal with some people getting all
awkward about lycra?

It's not just non-riders, the same irrational guff seems to get
parroted by fellow cyclists as well.

Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro
class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar?

--
cfsmtb

Old November 22nd 06, 06:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

cfsmtb Wrote:
Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro
class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar?

I had someone tell me a few weeks back that wearing lycra is 'the
ultimate bogan gauge'. I nearly fell off my chair laughing, given that
the same girl was earlier telling all about her boyfriends 'beautiful
car' - a Falcon XR6. Same girl talks like a fscking nitwit on the
phone and gets the whole wannabe corporate sl*tty lisp going.

"Yeth juth a moyment, I'll see if Misther X is avaoilible for you".

I dunno what it is. I tell everyone it's quite erotic to wear. Maybe
that's why people get uncomfortable?

--
LotteBum

Old November 22nd 06, 06:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

cfsmtb Wrote:
Read the title above, ok, what's the deal with some people getting all
awkward about lycra?

It's not just non-riders, the same irrational guff seems to get
parroted by fellow cyclists as well.

Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro
class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar? Probably a combination of poor self image, ignorance, and/or the

sighting of someone who's bulging out of their lycra. Sure, it's highly
suitable cycle-wear, but it does nothing attractive for those grossly
overweight

--
Duracell Bunny

Old November 22nd 06, 06:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

LotteBum Wrote:

I dunno what it is. I tell everyone it's quite erotic to wear. Maybe
that's why people get uncomfortable?

Last evening I spend a good 20 minutes or more "reading" the new Assos
summer catalogue. Only meant to have a quick squiz. ie: that young chap
they're using for modelling the gear is seriously Hot.

--
cfsmtb

Old November 22nd 06, 07:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum

cfsmtb Wrote:
Last evening I spend a good 20 minutes or more "reading" the new Assos
summer catalogue. Only meant to have a quick squiz. ie: that young chap
they're using for modelling the gear is seriously Hot.

Where can I get a copy!?!

That's one of the many great things about being incredibly slow. You
tend to get passed quite a bit and there are some seriously cute bums
out there!

--
LotteBum

Old November 22nd 06, 08:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

cfsmtb wrote:
Read the title above, ok, what's the deal with some people getting all
awkward about lycra?

It's not just non-riders, the same irrational guff seems to get
parroted by fellow cyclists as well.

Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro
class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar?

--
cfsmtb

Come on, come out and say it?

The rabid anti lycra crowd are afraid that they have teh ghey when they
see a fit body in lycra and they like it.

Lycra is yet another reason that we have to encourage womens cycling!

Old November 22nd 06, 10:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

PiledHigher Wrote:

Come on, come out and say it?

The rabid anti lycra crowd are afraid that they have teh ghey when
they
see a fit body in lycra and they like it.

Ah huh - the end times are now upon us. We can't have blokes showing
their appreciation of other blokes with displays of wolf-whistling &
rampant manlove in the streets!

--
cfsmtb

Old November 22nd 06, 10:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

cfsmtb wrote:
PiledHigher Wrote:

Come on, come out and say it?

The rabid anti lycra crowd are afraid that they have teh ghey when
they
see a fit body in lycra and they like it.

Ah huh - the end times are now upon us. We can't have blokes showing
their appreciation of other blokes with displays of wolf-whistling &
rampant manlove in the streets!

--
cfsmtb

It seems that was the sentiment of the anti womens cycling crowd, no
women allowed!

The Women's Rescue League met recently at Washington and launched a
double-shotted anathema at the female bike fiend. The Leaguers
attribute to the bicycle craze "the alarming increase" in the number of
courtesans, and call upon ministers and respectable women everywhere to
denounce cycling by the sex as "vulgar and indecent." Nor do they stop
there. The bike, in their opinion, is irremediably bad. While
destroying the morals of the maid, it wreeks the prospective motherhood
of the matron. It is provocative of diseases peculiar to women, and
calculated to transform the sex into a grand army of invalids. These
are a few of the reasons why the Women's Rescue League is scattering
tacks in the pathway of the pneumatic tire. There are others.

http://www.worldwideschool.com/libra...-1/chap42.html

Old November 22nd 06, 10:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

cfsmtb wrote:
PiledHigher Wrote:

Come on, come out and say it?

The rabid anti lycra crowd are afraid that they have teh ghey when
they
see a fit body in lycra and they like it.

Ah huh - the end times are now upon us. We can't have blokes showing
their appreciation of other blokes with displays of wolf-whistling &
rampant manlove in the streets!

--
cfsmtb

Not the goose riding the paceline in front of me on Sunday. He had some
of those awful knicks with a small mesh panel at the top of his
bumcrack. So wrong! I had to drop back and let his buddy in front of
me. What are these people thinking?

Donga

Motorists and lycra? [email protected] General 24 September 13th 06 01:16 PM
Lycra- does it stretch? Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 May 22nd 06 07:29 PM
Lycra or leather? Ken M General 4 January 27th 06 07:43 AM
Lycra in the Gallery LotteBum Australia 5 November 22nd 05 08:13 AM
Lycra is BAD Mark Thompson UK 24 May 8th 04 08:24 PM