Lycra lout 'rammed'

Old October 25th 13, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Lycra lout 'rammed'

Lie number 1:
"I put out my arm to indicate I was going to turn and moved into the
middle of the road."

When has any cyclist used an arm signal?

"He was so close to me that I could bang on his window and I gave him
the finger back because I was so angry at what he had done when he tried
to overtake me."

Now we see the problem, the cyclist objected to being overtaken and
attacked the car. Angry people should not be on the road.

"We were alongside, probably going at about 10mph for a short distance
and then he began pulling in toward me.
"His wheels were getting closer and closer to the kerb and eventually
there was nowhere else to go and I was forced off the road."

Ever heard of brakes?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Cy...ail/story.html
Old October 25th 13, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote

"The vehicle in question was a "dark" 4x4"

Ah.

Old October 25th 13, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"TMS320" wrote in message
"Mrcheerful" wrote

"The vehicle in question was a "dark" 4x4"

And the psycholist was wearing green bibshorts.

Old October 25th 13, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 25/10/2013 20:26, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

"The vehicle in question was a "dark" 4x4"

Ah.

Yes, therein likes the clue.
Old October 25th 13, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 25/10/2013 19:58, Mrcheerful wrote:
Lie number 1:
"I put out my arm to indicate I was going to turn and moved into the
middle of the road."

When has any cyclist used an arm signal?

"He was so close to me that I could bang on his window and I gave him
the finger back because I was so angry at what he had done when he tried
to overtake me."

Now we see the problem, the cyclist objected to being overtaken and
attacked the car. Angry people should not be on the road.

"We were alongside, probably going at about 10mph for a short distance
and then he began pulling in toward me.
"His wheels were getting closer and closer to the kerb and eventually
there was nowhere else to go and I was forced off the road."

Ever heard of brakes?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Cy...ail/story.html

Your stupidest post to date. Not even worth replying to properly. Lies,
lies, ego, stupidity and more lies.
Old October 28th 13, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Zapp Brannigan" wrote in message

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message
On 25/10/2013 19:58, Mrcheerful wrote:

Ever heard of brakes?

Your stupidest post to date. Not even worth replying to properly. Lies,
lies, ego, stupidity and more lies.

I'm not defending the actions of the driver, on the description given he
sounds like an idiot. But, Cheerful makes a telling point with this last
comment. What sort of damned fool engages in a side-by-side tarmac
battle with a larger vehicle which appears to intend them harm?

Imagine that you were driving a car, and a lorry decided to gradually
force you off the road like this. Would you grit your teeth and try to
hold on to your "rightful" lane, exchanging abuse with the truck driver
all the way? Would you maintain that inevitable losing battle all the way,
until your car crashed into something on the roadside?

Any sensible person in this situation would brake sharply and escape the
trap. A self-righteous road-rager would prefer to have a serious
collision than to brake, because they are utterly obsessed with dominance,
status, winning.

That sums things up quite nicely.

Old October 28th 13, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Zapp Brannigan" wrote
"Phil W Lee" wrote
"Zapp Brannigan" considered Sun, 27 Oct 2013

Imagine that you were driving a car, and a lorry decided to gradually
force
you off the road like this. Would you grit your teeth and try to hold on
to your "rightful" lane, exchanging abuse with the truck driver all the
way? Would you maintain that inevitable losing battle all the way, until
your car crashed into something on the roadside?

I'm certain that it took place in less time than it took to describe.

You think it was over before the cyclist was able to perceive the hazard
and apply emergency braking (a period usually estimated at one second)?
Because the cyclist's own account does not describe it as a sudden swerve
which he was unable to anticipate.

No need for a swerve. Just close the gap while slowing down. Don't allow a
braking cyclist to pull behind; because the cyclist has to outbrake the
vehicle by 16 ft. Easily done. It could have been 2 or 3 seconds.

He said "We were alongside, probably going at about 10mph for a short
distance and then he began pulling in toward me. His wheels were getting
closer and closer to the kerb and eventually there was nowhere else to go
and I was forced off the road"

A sensible road user wouldn't have waited to be "eventually" forced off
the road. They would have braked out of the trap.

"Eventually" gives us no idea of time. Your guess is as good as mine. Who
says he didn't brake? He didn't say he didn't brake.

Old October 28th 13, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 28/10/2013 21:39, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

bicycles can always outbrake cars (we have been told that numerous times)
Old October 28th 13, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
[...]

But if is 1 foot better from that speed it can't make up the16ft needed.

Old October 28th 13, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 28/10/2013 22:33, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

a handfull of feet from 15 mph wa the distance claimed

Anonymous lycra lout in cycle rage attack Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 16 April 13th 13 05:08 AM
Rant from a lycra lout... Bugbear Australia 16 February 28th 07 12:30 AM
A lycra lout's psyche Kinetic UK 19 January 15th 06 01:00 AM
It's official, I am a Lycra Lout. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 33 January 7th 04 02:00 PM
Kate Hoey's Mail on Sunday Lycra Lout Article Andy B UK 66 October 28th 03 01:13 AM