Near Miss of the Day 420: Instant karma as driver makes close pass oncyclist - and immediately gets pulled over by police officer

Old June 5th 20, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Near Miss of the Day 420: Instant karma as driver makes close pass oncyclist - and immediately gets pulled over by police officer

Instant Karma :-)
QUOTE:
“The wheels of justice turn slowly,” the saying goes – but not in our latest Near Miss of the Day video, where a driver who had made a close pass on a cyclist was immediately pulled over and given a fine by a police officer travelling behind them who saw what had happened.

The officer told road.cc reader Liam, who filmed the footage last weekend, that he “though he was a goner” when he saw the driver overtake him, and immediately went full blues and twos as he went after the motorist, giving the cyclist plenty of room as he did so.

Liam told us: “Travelling along Lanark road in South Lanarkshire this driver decided to overtake on a solid white line with oncoming traffic.

“I had already suffered verbal abuse and impatient drivers on this ride (this was the first weekend all the garden centres on this road had reopened which probably explains why everyone was in such a rush).

“Couldn't believe my luck when I heard a police car go past me immediately afterwards with lights on.

“Was told by the police officer I gave my statement to who ‘thought I was a goner’ that the driver was receiving an on the spot ticket for careless driving.

“Nice bit of instant karma for a change!”

We agree. And it's also nice to have a Near Miss of the Day video that puts a smile on our face for a change.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-mi...Gz6eeJU-xMWu_s
Old June 5th 20, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 7:46:05 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
Instant Karma :-)
QUOTE:
“The wheels of justice turn slowly,” the saying goes – but not in our latest Near Miss of the Day video, where a driver who had made a close pass on a cyclist was immediately pulled over and given a fine by a police officer travelling behind them who saw what had happened.

I reckon he was fined for overtaking on double solid white lines and not a close pass.
Old June 5th 20, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 7:46:05 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
Instant Karma :-)
QUOTE:
The wheels of justice turn slowly, the saying goes but not in our latest Near Miss of the Day video, where a driver
who had made a close pass on a cyclist was immediately pulled over and given a fine by a police officer travelling
behind them who saw what had happened.

I reckon he was fined for overtaking on double solid white lines and not a close pass.

Good spot. The police car following would have know exactly what
speed the overtaking driver was travelling at (looked over 10 mph to
me) - maybe he even got fined for both offences.