Story of a cyclist claiming from uninsured driver scheme

Old August 5th 10, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Story of a cyclist claiming from uninsured driver scheme

I doubt it will get anywhere, it sounds like he just fell off and hopes for
a payout.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/83...r_bi ke_push/

Old August 5th 10, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I doubt it will get anywhere, it sounds like he just fell off and hopes for
a payout.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/83...r_bi ke_push/

It's actually the "untraced drivers agreement".

"was cycling along Carlyle Road when he says a car deliberately slowed down
so its passenger could lean out to push him off the bicycle. "

Yeah, riggghhhhttt.

Old August 5th 10, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I doubt it will get anywhere, it sounds like he just fell off and
hopes for a payout.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/83...r_bi ke_push/

It's actually the "untraced drivers agreement".

"was cycling along Carlyle Road when he says a car deliberately
slowed down so its passenger could lean out to push him off the
bicycle. "
Yeah, riggghhhhttt.

If I get knocked down and injured by an untraceable cyclist who do I claim
from? or my car gets a wing mirror smashed by a passing cyclist?

Old August 5th 10, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
newsTw6o.34573$806.19997@hurricane...
Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I doubt it will get anywhere, it sounds like he just fell off and
hopes for a payout.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/83...r_bi ke_push/

It's actually the "untraced drivers agreement".

"was cycling along Carlyle Road when he says a car deliberately
slowed down so its passenger could lean out to push him off the
bicycle. "
Yeah, riggghhhhttt.

If I get knocked down and injured by an untraceable cyclist who do I claim
from? or my car gets a wing mirror smashed by a passing cyclist?

But cyclists don't injure pedestrians! And if I'm judging this group
correctly, if you own a car then you fully deserve to have it smashed up
because you're a killer.

You could try what this guy did and suddenly "find" a witness a few years
later to support your story:

"“Initially Mr. Hill's claim for compensation was rejected by the Motor
Insurers Bureau (MIB), but as we were able to adduce evidence from a
independent witness which proved that the motorist had deliberately slowed
down so that his passenger could carry out the assault, the MIB accepted our
appeal and the case has now been accepted under the terms of the Untraced
Drivers Agreement.”"

http://www.rjw.co.uk/latest-news/art...rious-assault/

Old August 5th 10, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:07:31 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

snip

"“Initially Mr. Hill's claim for compensation was rejected by the Motor
Insurers Bureau (MIB), but as we were able to adduce evidence from a
independent witness which proved that the motorist had deliberately slowed
down so that his passenger could carry out the assault, the MIB accepted our
appeal and the case has now been accepted under the terms of the Untraced
Drivers Agreement.”"

http://www.rjw.co.uk/latest-news/art...rious-assault/

Did you see in the report :

"Mr Hill’s accident took place in 2007 and he approached RJW through
the Cycle Touring Club scheme. The CTC membership gives its members
access to legal advice from RJW amongst a host of benefits."

Ah.... yes ........ an advert for the CTC.

I bet the "independent" witness was a cyclist

I'm sure I saw that accident - I thought the cyclists was ****ed and
fell off.

Who do I get in touch with?

--

"wearing helmets can sometimes increase the chance of a cyclist being
involved in an accident."

That august body The CTC

(They've already had a slap for lying by the ASA)
Old August 5th 10, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I doubt it will get anywhere, it sounds like he just fell off and
hopes for a payout.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/83...r_bi ke_push/

It's actually the "untraced drivers agreement".

"was cycling along Carlyle Road when he says a car deliberately slowed
down so its passenger could lean out to push him off the bicycle. "

Yeah, riggghhhhttt.

That, I suspect, is quite likely to be the response he gets.
Old August 5th 10, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

If I get knocked down and injured by an untraceable cyclist who do I
claim from? or my car gets a wing mirror smashed by a passing
cyclist?

Who do I claim from for the two scrapes on different occassions down the
side of my car when it was parked in Sainsbury's car park?

Tony