Sea Otter Classic

Old April 2nd 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
strictlyone

Default Sea Otter Classic

Are there any unicycle events at the sea otter?, anyone else (beside
myself) planning on going,
i gotta couple of friends racing the downhill.

--
strictlyone
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

All sorts of events, pretty much any kind of comp that's on people
powered wheels.
http://www.seaotterclassic.com/
Laguna Seca, Monterey Bay.

In years past some have ridden their obstacle course, and a team has
done the 24 hr mtb race at least a couple of times.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
strictlyone

the sea otter classic is in Monterey CA, its a mtb event April 17-20,
but i have heard Kris Holm has gone to it and my local bike shop owner
said that they have had unicycle events before.
http://www.seaotterclassic.com/

EDIT: skilewis74 you beat me to it

--
strictlyone
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

I don't see any unicycle events this year.

$67 + $10 USA cycling license before April 4th is kind of steep for a
cross country race. I participated on a bike in 2001, I think, and the
course was kind of average.

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Here's some pictures from our attendance at Sea Otter a few years ago:

- '2000 (with Kris Holm, Dan Heaton and Adam Rysnar, taping Universe
I)' (http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=2539980...p;n=1296137613)
- '2001 (with Chris Reeder)'
(http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=7371559...p;n=1905756561)
- '2002 (with Carl Hoyer)'
(http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=4050773...mp;n=138029966)

The 24-hour races at Laguna Seca are a different event, the '24 Hours
of Adrenaline' (http://tinyurl.com/2prcbm). I attended this once, 'in
2004' (http://unicycling.smugmug.com/gallery/146926#5406146). It was
fun to do, but I prefer a group ride, not a group camping experience
while one person at a time rides...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Hey Johnfoss...links seem dead.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 2nd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

tomblackwood wrote:
Hey Johnfoss...links seem dead.

Hmm. Sorry about that. Those old albums on the Kodak Gallery were
always hard to link into; they weren't intended for that. Got to set up
some kind of alternative, like moving them all to Smugmug, but that
would take a while.

Meanwhile, go to my Unicycling photo albums and then do a find within
the page, or just read down and look for "Sea Otter" in 2000-2002:
http://www.unicycling.com/ofoto/uni.htm

Sea Otter Classic Unicaw89 Unicycling 0 April 2nd 08 04:57 AM
Sea Otter Classic- open to ALL cycles! [email protected] Recumbent Biking 1 April 14th 07 01:33 AM
Sea Otter Classic Grassy Knoll Project steephill Racing 0 April 6th 06 08:19 PM
2005 Sea Otter Classic (Apr 14-17) Ablang Rides 0 April 19th 05 03:05 AM
Sea otter anyone? uniextreme Unicycling 4 February 26th 04 12:38 AM