Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 4th 11, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

"A seven-year-old boy is in a "critical but stable" condition in hospital
after being knocked down in Midlothian.

Lothian and Borders Police said the boy suffered serious head injuries after
he ran out in front of a car in Dalkeith.

The incident happened in Bogwood Road at the junction with David Scott
Avenue at about 13:25 on Friday.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact police."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-16016530

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old December 4th 11, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark O'Knee

On 04/12/2011 07:39, Doug wrote:
Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

No.

Next!
Old December 4th 11, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 04/12/2011 07:39, Doug wrote:
"A seven-year-old boy is in a "critical but stable" condition in hospital
after being knocked down in Midlothian.

Lothian and Borders Police said the boy suffered serious head injuries after
he ran out in front of a car in Dalkeith.

The incident happened in Bogwood Road at the junction with David Scott
Avenue at about 13:25 on Friday.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact police."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-16016530

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is not a licence to kill, never has been.

What sort of bike was he riding?
Old December 4th 11, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Old December 4th 11, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message ...

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic material to
do the same.

Old December 4th 11, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 04/12/2011 07:39, Doug wrote:

Certainly not. They would all die of heart attacks & strokes immediately.

It would also make them over confident & they would start taking
unnecessary risks.

University
Old December 4th 11, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.

Old December 4th 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message ...

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.
====================================

And you like Mr. Mason so you consider it acceptable for him to make
off-topic posts but not Doug. That's not very even-handed is it?

Old December 4th 11, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.
====================================

And you like Mr. Mason so you consider it acceptable for him to make
off-topic posts but not Doug. That's not very even-handed is it?

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group .. I don't actually 'like'
anyone as such, I don't 'know' enough of anyone to go that far. Some
posters I enjoy reading and like their style, some I don't, simple as.

When has usenet been even-handed?

As it happens I think I am usually very even-handed. I have responded
negatively to SM in the past, as I have to many other cyclists and
drivers. I'm a petrol-head first as well as a cyclist, so my views are
mostly mid-stream, I think. In this case I intensely dislike Doug, I'm
pretty ambivalent towards most other posters.

Old December 4th 11, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 04/12/2011 10:07, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 04/12/2011 07:39, Doug wrote:

Certainly not. They would all die of heart attacks & strokes immediately.

And wouldn't some of them die from being strangled by the straps?

Wasn't someone about to post the data on that a few months ago?

A legal expert or something?