OT : UKLM - Not a complaint !!

Old May 6th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default OT : UKLM - Not a complaint !!

On Sat, 5 May 2012 20:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

In article
Steve Firth wrote:

snip

I note, because someone has mailed me the evidence, that Mr Simon Mason has
indulged in this hobby as well, alleging that I am a convicted criminal.
That seems either brave or foolish on his part.

There seem to be at least two Simon Mason people. If it is one
person they have gone weird. I think it more likely someone is
foiling the other. I don't think it is two men with the same name.
More like

one person commenting on himself (less likely)

a camp follower (more likely)

As far as I know there is just one person called Simon Mason posting to URC.

He does use two different email addresses.

He used to post from work at BP Chemicals - telling people what he had stolen
from work and how he was wasting their time not his own. But he has stopped
this recently.

He also has a very odd habit of responding to his own posts - you can get a
thread of 5 posts where he is the only person contributing - commenting on what
*he* has said previously.

He posts - in URC - many posts about his wife, family, shopping bill, garden,
what he has bought this week. He even posts photographs of receipts of
purchases.

I think that your comment " they have gone weird" is probably correct.

Old May 6th 12, 01:53 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Judith wrote:
On Sat, 5 May 2012 20:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

In article

Steve Firth wrote:

[...]

Perhaps it was those bangs on the head or breathing in fumes on the road or
at work or alcohol induced psychosis, or maybe he is poisonong himself with
his own bile and rage?

Or is it like: Doug (not Bollen) Bollen ?

Old May 6th 12, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Judith" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 May 2012 20:40:04 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

In article

Steve Firth wrote:

[...]

Someone with the *ahem* "personality traits" that Simon has, would *never*
let anyone else post using his name without a string of public complaints to
ISPs, Police, etc. He and his band of weasels would boast about how he got
the imposter banned, bollocked, jailed etc.

Some people are ironically overly sensitive to *others* misusing Newsgroup
accounts and general posting etiquette.

Old May 6th 12, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Cornwall Council encourages county to get into the saddle for next month's Bike Week

QUOTE:
Cornwall Council has developed a range of 'toolkits' ahead of next month's
Bike Week, which runs from 16-24 June, in an attempt to get as many people
as possible to ride bikes more often.

A toolkit specifically designed for schools which gives an overview of Bike
Week as well as providing advice and suggestions of activities that can be
included in the initiative can be downloaded from the council website.

Employers and workplaces are asked to register to receive their own toolkit,
with the council hoping that encouraging people to take part in Bike Week
will help them develop a cycling habit that will continue long after the
week is over.

Graeme Hicks, Cornwall County Council Cabinet Member for Transportation,
Highways and Environment Operations, commented: "I would actively encourage
cycling as a practical way to save money in these financially difficult
times as drivers suffer from the effects of rapidly rising fuel prices.

"It has the added benefit of helping people keep fit and enables the
participant to build a fitness programme into their daily routine. Cycling
is extremely kind to our precious environment by reducing harmful greenhouse
gases and reducing traffic congestion.

"As an authority we should be doing everything we can to promote and
encourage this sustainable mode of transport," he added.
Tourist attractions including The Eden Project and the National Maritime
Museum, Falmouth, are also offering discounted entry or other promotions to
tie into Bike Week.

Further details can be found on Cornwall Council's website, while the Bike
Week website has information on events taking place throughout the UK with
more being added in the coming weeks.

The Summer of Cycling initiative, launched by the All Party Parliamentary
Cycling Group and the Bicycle Association, is also looking to get Britons
onto their bikes this summer. Amog other things, the initiative, which runs
until October, encourages cyclists "to share the fun and introduce just one
friend, neighbour, colleague or family member to cycling."

http://road.cc/content/news/57791-co...nths-bike-week

--
Simon Mason

Bus driver complaint Simon Mason[_4_] UK 34 January 9th 12 05:06 AM
Complaint to the FIA. Simon Mason UK 1 October 11th 10 03:45 PM
Complaint about taxi number 250 (fwd) judith UK 0 October 23rd 08 10:41 PM
ASA Complaint Carol Hague UK 4 December 1st 07 09:25 PM
Off to register a complaint... Tamyka Bell Australia 73 September 11th 05 01:47 PM