"Why every cyclist needs a pool noodle"

Old May 24th 19, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default "Why every cyclist needs a pool noodle"

Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/
Old May 24th 19, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10:49:35 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

GOOD GRIEF! What nonsense! Thanks for the laughs.

Cheers
Old May 24th 19, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 9:49:35 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

Come on. The article acts like there is a bounty on bike riders.

I think drivers would tend to aim at the "noodle bike" or grab it."

:-)

Old May 25th 19, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

Should we add this to the list of weird measures Scharf recommends for
cyclists?

Are barrier segregated bike lanes, a foam hat, day-glo jacket, glaringly
bright daytime headlights, nautical strobe taillights, electric horns
and horizontal flags not sufficient?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 30th 19, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:41:50 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

Should we add this to the list of weird measures Scharf recommends for
cyclists?

Are barrier segregated bike lanes, a foam hat, day-glo jacket, glaringly
bright daytime headlights, nautical strobe taillights, electric horns
and horizontal flags not sufficient?

--
- Frank Krygowski

They should also add those devices that drive in theatres use to have that tears up the tires of cars that go into the bike lane. That'll keep those cars out of the bike lanes. :-)

Andy
Old May 30th 19, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

Should we add this to the list of weird measures Scharf recommends for
cyclists?

Are barrier segregated bike lanes, a foam hat, day-glo jacket, glaringly
bright daytime headlights, nautical strobe taillights, electric horns
and horizontal flags not sufficient?

--
- Frank Krygowski

They should also add those devices that drive in theatres use to have that tears up the tires of cars that go into the bike lane. That'll keep those cars out of the bike lanes. :-)

I'd prefer cars riding in bike lanes whenever there are no cyclists there.
That would sweep away a lot of the gravel and other debris that tends to
accumulate in bike lanes.

- Frank Krygowski
Old May 30th 19, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

No, No! Bicycles must be completely segregated from motor vehicles to
be safe. Everybody knows, and it is a proven fact, and not only that
many studies have shown...
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old May 30th 19, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

No gravel. You muscles would weaken from less activity and would slow down the degradation of peebles to dirt.

Nails and screws are a different story.

Andy
Old June 1st 19, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bob F

On 5/23/2019 7:49 PM, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

My brother told me decades ago that when he visited Finland, bikes had
metal scribes sticking out on the side.

Pool noodle Michael[_10_] Techniques 1 October 19th 16 05:38 PM
"you give up your rights as a cyclist when staying on the road wherethe paths are available" [email protected] Techniques 152 September 27th 08 06:05 AM
"John "Cho" Gilmer keeps publishing his "Manifesto" over and over." Hoodini Racing 0 April 23rd 07 12:38 AM
Nitto #177 "Noodle" Llatikcuf Techniques 19 April 9th 06 02:57 AM
R.I.P. Jim Price (aka. "biker_billy", "sydney", "Boudreaux") spin156 Techniques 15 November 28th 05 08:21 PM